"So I commend the enjoyment of life, because nothing is better for a man under the sun than to eat and drink and be glad. Then joy will accompany him in his work all the days of the life God has given him under the sun." Ecclesiastes 8:15

Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Christmas 2014 (Norris Edition)

Matching Christmas Jammies!

I am laying on the couch with a sleeping baby this morning, recovering from a week of Christmas fun.  I was curious how Christmas with a newborn and a two-year old would be.  Turns out it was amazing (and exhausting!). Lyle had a blast and Aria soaked in the cuddles.

Coloring with Aunt Barbie

Learning to juggle!

Zach had to work Monday and Tuesday, so he drove us to my parents on Sunday evening, so I could see more of my family.  He joined us again after work Tuesday evening.  The kids and I spent time playing with my niece and nephew (whose parents were on a trip in Europe!), visiting with my Aunt, and catching up with my siblings.

Auntie Steph

Uncle Jeff

We did our traditional "Christmas Eve" readings of the story of Jesus' birth, and a recording of my Nana reading "The Night before Christmas" (makes me tear up every time!) We tried to put the kids to bed, but Lyle was wired and wanted to be part of the action and my niece (and my poor Dad) caught the stomach bug that my mom, Lyle, and I had the week before.


Meeting their new cousin!

We gathered for breakfast in the morning and then headed downstairs to open presents.  What a fun day with family!

"Christmas Morning" 

Happy boy playing outside

Auntie Carrie

Uncle Mike!
It was so fun for most of my siblings to be able to meet Aria when she was just two weeks old.  We missed my sister Kristen and Philip and their sweet twin babies, but with the sickness that we passed around it ended up being better for them that they weren't there.  




No comments:

Post a Comment