"So I commend the enjoyment of life, because nothing is better for a man under the sun than to eat and drink and be glad. Then joy will accompany him in his work all the days of the life God has given him under the sun." Ecclesiastes 8:15

Thursday, May 7, 2015

Life Lately

Life has been full lately.  Full of meetings, work, beautiful weather, playing, and even some kid free time!


This past week we started Tuesday with a visit to the doctor for Lyle's three year old visit.  He did awesome, and always entertains the doctors and nurses with his silliness.

We took a seek-and-find book to look at while we waited.
His stats:
33.8 lbs (72nd percentile)
40.5 inches (97th percentile)

Who knew he was tall for his age?  I totally thought he was a shorty!  All of his friends I compare him too must be older!
Playing with new birthday toys

Tuesday afternoon I headed to Wichita to attend the Governor's Public Health Conference with co-workers.  The sessions at this conference can be hit-or-miss sometimes, but I thought this year's sessions were great!  I came back to work with a lot of new ideas and topics to dig into a bit more.



Wednesday was a long day, leaving at six in the morning and getting back 12 hours later.  We headed to church that night for the ending night of youth group for the year.

Thursday started just as early, but I decided to take Aria with me for the day.  If you can imagine she made friends wherever we went with her big happy smile.  She did awesome and made the last day of conference fly by.  One of the other nurses from a neighboring county we work with had her 5 month old son there, and he and Aria were having quite the conversation.  He would talk and she would giggle, then tell him something. So cute.  We got home a little early, so I put Aria in the ergo and walked over to the garden center, then to pick up Lyle from daycare and walk home.

Blurry but I still like it!

Friday we had another early morning and went out to the community health fair to help the hospital draw blood.  I only draw blood once a month or so, and the fairs are always good practice for me.  Although I'm never to proud to send someone down to the experts who draw blood everyday if I can't find anything.

Since we had so many extra hours from conference days, I was able to get off at noon on Friday.  Zach and I took advantage and went to Wichita on a date!  It was our first kid-less outing since Aria was born and it was so nice to spend time together!  I picked pedicures and a little shopping, and Zach picked a movie.  Win-Win!  We went to see the new Avenger movie in IMAX and it was so good!  Since it was opening day we got there about an hour early, and there was already a crazy long line!  We ended the night by picking up On The Border to take home, so we could get the kiddos.  Big thanks to Grammy for watching them!!!


Saturday brought beautiful weather, so I took the littles to the park in the morning.  Lyle has grown so much since last year!  He was so excited to show me around, swing, and go up and down all the slides by himself!







And Aria mostly sat in her strolled and chilled, enjoying the fresh air.

Flowers from my boss for Nurses Week!
What a busy fun week it has been!  Zach's grandma is in the hospital, so we have been making trips there in the evening to see her after work.  I know it brightens her day to see Lyle and Aria! Looking forward to another weekend of fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment