"So I commend the enjoyment of life, because nothing is better for a man under the sun than to eat and drink and be glad. Then joy will accompany him in his work all the days of the life God has given him under the sun." Ecclesiastes 8:15

Saturday, March 26, 2011

A baby quilt...

A couple weekends ago I went to a baby shower for my sister Carrie.  She and her husband Nathaniel are expecting their first baby in April.  They are waiting to be surprised as to whether the baby will be a boy or girl.  We are so excited to meet our new niece or nephew in the next few weeks!

I had been wanting to learn to quilt from my mother-in-law, as she makes beautiful quilts!!! She has been a great teacher, and my first project was to make a baby quilt for my sister.  Here is the finished project.  I pieced it together, and had it machine quilted.



Love you!

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations Carrie and Nathaniel! We are excited for the new arrival too. Kim, you did such a fantastic job on the quilt. I'm ready for round 2 :-) !

    ReplyDelete