"So I commend the enjoyment of life, because nothing is better for a man under the sun than to eat and drink and be glad. Then joy will accompany him in his work all the days of the life God has given him under the sun." Ecclesiastes 8:15

Thursday, March 3, 2011

My Sweet Sweet Nana

On February 19th, my wonderful Nana went to be with the LORD.  I flew out with my family for the funeral last weekend.  Not a good reason for a reunion, but still wonderful to see family all the same.

My Nana was an amazing woman.  We got to see her this last summer with a trip to the beach, reminiscent of the yearly vacations when we were kids.  Not many people would think that a beach house filled with 15 people and kids running around sounded like a "vacation," but she always said we were "making memories."  She had a great sense of humor, and wonderful Southern sayings that would always make me smile.  She will greatly be missed, but I smile to think that she is with Papa in Heaven, sitting on the front porch of their mansion in their beloved green rocking chairs.

1 comment:

  1. Kim I agree, your Nana was an amazing and genteel Southern lady. I'm really glad I was able to meet her.

    ReplyDelete