"So I commend the enjoyment of life, because nothing is better for a man under the sun than to eat and drink and be glad. Then joy will accompany him in his work all the days of the life God has given him under the sun." Ecclesiastes 8:15

Monday, June 6, 2011

Movies, Music, and Friends

It was such a weird work week last week.  I was only in the office one day, as Monday was a holiday, I had a Family Planning conference in Wichita Tuesday and Wednesday, and a Child Care Licensing meeting in Wichita on Friday.  A lot of driving back and forth, but they were all interesting meetings, and sent me back to work a-thinkin! I got out early on Friday, and went to spend a little time with Carrie and Zoe.  It was so nice to chat with my sister and play with my neice!  Zach came up to meet me after work and we went to see Pirates of the Caribbean in 3D IMAX.   We enjoyed the movie, and then went to On The Border to eat.  
Saturday Zach worked on our backyard fence, while I worked inside the house.  He made some good progress, even though it was pretty hot outside already.  In the evening we went over to our friends, Drew and Annie's house for supper.  Daniel Penner and a new intern at Harper Industries, who just arrived from France joined us.  We had a game of bocce ball after supper-I am terrible, but its still fun!  The boys just throw too far! haha

Sunday after church we headed back up to Wichita to run some errands, see another movie (Zach has been feeling deprived lately, lol), and then went to RiverFest to watch Little Big Town in concert.  It was a great concert, and fun to just be outside enjoying the summertime. 

No comments:

Post a Comment