"So I commend the enjoyment of life, because nothing is better for a man under the sun than to eat and drink and be glad. Then joy will accompany him in his work all the days of the life God has given him under the sun." Ecclesiastes 8:15

Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Birthday Celebration

Zach's birthday was on Friday, and after work we went out to his parent's for supper.  His Dad surprised him by making crab legs, and they ate a ridiculous amount of them!  He also was kind and cooked steak for the girls who are not so seafood loving! :)  We sang, opened presents, and had Grandma Glenda's famous homemade angel food cake.  Soooo good.  


My parents came down on Saturday to watch Lyle, while Zach and I headed up to Wichita.  We had gotten tickets from my parents for Christmas to go to the Band Perry/Rascal Flatts concert, but it was cancelled.  Instead we went to see The Hobbit and out to eat.  


 Before the movie we were able to stop by my sister's and meet my new nephew Eric Robert.  He was born a week ago Friday, but with all the sickness in our house, we waited to go see him.  He is such a sweet baby!  He had just finished eating when we got there, and he just settled in my arms and fell right back asleep!  You forget how small and fragile they seem when they are newborns.  Although when I say "I can't believe Lyle was ever this small!"  Technically he never was that small.  I'm more referring to that newborn stage.  It is amazing how much they change in that first year.  

Happy 9 months Lyle!

No comments:

Post a Comment