"So I commend the enjoyment of life, because nothing is better for a man under the sun than to eat and drink and be glad. Then joy will accompany him in his work all the days of the life God has given him under the sun." Ecclesiastes 8:15

Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Topeka

We got back from Arkansas on Sunday night, and I repacked my bags to leave Monday for a work trip.  Five girls from my office traveled together to a WIC (a supplemental food program for Women, Infants, and Children) conference in Topeka.  We left around noon, stopped in Wichita for lunch at Pei Wei, and got to our hotel about five.  And what was on our minds?? Where to eat supper!  The front desk recommended The Blind Tiger Brewery and Restaurant.  We made a trip to Target, then headed over.  Oh my goodness the food was amazing!  I'm pretty sure it was all of my favorites in one meal: fried pickles, pulled pork sandwich, and sweet potato fries.  Yumm.  A little too much food after a full lunch, but still delicious.



Our conference was Tuesday and Wednesday, and I felt like I got a lot of great ideas to bring back to the office.  It is a statewide conference so there are employees from health departments from all over.  I think it's great to talk to other nurses and see how their department is run, and what programs, classes, support groups work well for them.  WIC has a big push on encouraging moms to breastfeed, and we are always looking at different ways to educate, encourage, and support them.  (So if you have any great ideas or things that helped you, let me know! :) )

I made Annie send me extra pictures
of Lyle while I was gone.

We went to get our nails done after meetings on Tuesday and out to Chili's for supper.  More good food.  Both nights we were all bums and crashed pretty early after watching TV. 

Drinking pop and watching shows
about cars with Dad while I was gone.

Wednesday we had meetings until about two, then headed back home.  They were forecasting bad weather, but thankfully we didn't run into rain or snow until about 20 miles from home.  I was missing Lyle (and Zach) like crazy by this point and couldn't wait to be home!  That was my first time being away from Lyle....he did great at home with Zach....much better than I did I'm sure!  I'm glad that neither Zach or I have a job that takes us away from home very often. 

So incredibly happy to be home with my baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment