"So I commend the enjoyment of life, because nothing is better for a man under the sun than to eat and drink and be glad. Then joy will accompany him in his work all the days of the life God has given him under the sun." Ecclesiastes 8:15

Friday, November 8, 2013

Five on Friday: Dates, Laughter, and Mud

I am linking up again with some fabulous ladies for Five on Friday.  Join the link-up and share your top five for the week!
 
1.  Zach and I had dentist appointments yesterday, and since we get up with Wichita BY OURSELVES almost never, we made a date night out of it.  We went to The Warren IMAX and saw "Ender's Game."  My poor husband had not been to a movie since my birthday in July.  That long without going to a movie is like 20 years to him.  Sorry babe, we'll try to do better.  It was really good, especially since I knew nothing about it before we went.  We did a little shopping, picked up Chipotle, and headed home to tuck the little man into bed.  It's funny how easy it is to forget how fun a date night can be. 
 
 
2.  I decided to try to make Christmas stockings this year.  The first year we were married, I bought stockings with our names for Zach, Charlie, and I.  And now it just seems strange that our dog has a matching stocking, but our son does not.  I ordered the patterns and fabric....and I'm hoping I didn't overestimate my sewing skills.  We'll find out soon enough! :)
 

A couple of the fabric choices
 
3.  I have Monday off of work for Veteran's Day, making this a fabulous 3-day weekend!  Whoop-whoop!  We are going out to dinner for my mother-in-law's birthday tonight, and I am so looking forward to it!  And Sunday night Zach and I have tickets to see Brian Regan.  His show was great last time, and this will make, hold onto your seats, TWO date nights in one week.  Oh my, we are getting crazy over here!
 
4.  The colder the weather gets, the more chapped my lips and hands get. (Let's be honest, my hands are always awful from washing them at work 50 times a day, but they are especially bad in the winter.)  These are my favorite chapstick and lotion.  Anyone have different favorites that work miracles? 

 
We discovered this in Hawaii and it is beyond amazing.  The banana is the best (but don't worry, it doesn't taste super banana-y).  I haven't seen it anywhere around here, but you can order it online. 
 
The best for your hands and it smells so good!  From Bath and Body Works
5.  And because most of my readers REALLY care about Lyle the most.... one last picture to get you through. :)
Who can make this sweet muddy boy stay outside?? Jumping in mud puddles is the best.

 

3 comments:

  1. I really like the Burt's Bees chapstick! It seems to last a good while on my lips. However, your Bum stuff looks like it would be fun to try! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'll try that when my stuff runs out. Unless you want to plan a trip to Hawaii with me to get more??? :)

      Delete
  2. Kim, you are correct...while I love to read your 5 on Friday I really love to see what my beautiful grandson is up to! Thanks for your blog.. :-)

    ReplyDelete