"So I commend the enjoyment of life, because nothing is better for a man under the sun than to eat and drink and be glad. Then joy will accompany him in his work all the days of the life God has given him under the sun." Ecclesiastes 8:15

Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Thanksgiving

We had such a great Thanksgiving weekend.  Full of family and food.  Just how we like it. :)


We started out the weekend on Wednesday night with Zach's family.  We enjoyed soup and probably the most amazing grilled cheese ever.  Next time you make grilled cheese do the following:  1.  Make it on Texas toast. 2.  Cut slices of regular Velveeta and White Cheddar Velveeta.  3.  Dip it in Tomato Basil soup. Ah-mazeing.  We followed supper up with peach and chocolate peppermint homemade ice cream (no one said you can only make it in the summer!).

Helping Auntie Kodi make cherry turnovers.  He's a Pro.  You couldn't tell which ones he folded smashed. lol

I had so much fun helping in the kitchen this year, and loved having twenty extra hands to occupy the little man.  We spent the day cooking, watching the Macy's parade (I protested very loudly if anyone tried to change the channel!), searching the best amazon deals, shooting the pumpkins that were no longer needed for my fall porch decorations, and watching movies.  A great day.  And the weekend was just beginning! :)



We spent most of Friday around the house.  I was able to finish sewing the front of my stocking, and figured out how to sew Lyle's.  While Lyle went for a tractor ride with Papa, I helped decorate the Christmas tree.  Ohhh one of my most favorite things.  When everyone had gathered again, we headed up to Hesston to spend the rest of the weekend with my family.

Gotta get our hat on to go drive the tractor
Charlie enjoying an after-dinner...who are we kidding...enjoying an all day snooze!

Saturday my sister and I helped my mom make Thanksgiving dinner.  The rest of the day was spent watching the cousins play, a trip to Stone Creek Nursery for the girls to ooh and ahh over the Christmas decorations, and a trip out to the woods for the boys to shoot guns.  We threw lots of football watching in there too. 

Happy Thanksgiving!  


Sunday morning we were able to go with my parents and my brother to church, although I spent most of the service in the nursery with Lyle.  Sitting still and being quiet are not his strengths.  We enjoyed lunch at home, and a nap for Lyle, then headed home.  

Pulled in to the gas station at home with 0 miles left to go on the tank. Might have cut that a little close!

No comments:

Post a Comment