"So I commend the enjoyment of life, because nothing is better for a man under the sun than to eat and drink and be glad. Then joy will accompany him in his work all the days of the life God has given him under the sun." Ecclesiastes 8:15

Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Christmas Celebration (part 2)

We headed back down to Harper on the 23rd, since I had to work on Christmas Eve.  Bummer, huh?  Too bad everyone can't have a week and a half Christmas break!  I had to keep telling myself it still wasn't as bad as working at the hospital, and having to work a 12 hour Christmas Eve or Christmas Day shift!
 

 I got off work, changed and we headed to church for the Christmas Eve service.  My absolute favorite service of the entire year.  Lyle got to wear this adorable little suit that was Zach's when he was little.  He looked so handsome! :) 

 
We made snacks for supper, and Lyle got to wear his Christmas pajama pants that I made for him.  He went to bed a little later than normal, with promises that Ho-Ho was coming.  Some friends of ours came over to shoot fireworks off at midnight (a tradition of his wife's from Bolivia) and drink eggnog.  I don't know if our noise woke Lyle up or he just wasn't feeling good, but he was so upset.  We tried several things to get him settled back down, and ended up watching some Mickey Mouse Clubhouse at 1:30 in the morning.  At least everyone slept in on Christmas morning!  Lyle got to open his stocking from Santa on Christmas morning, and was so excited for his "kitty" in his stocking! 
 
 
We enjoyed Christmas Day with our cousins complete with ugly sweaters (which I don't have a picture of, sorry!).  Lyle is in love with his Duck Dynasty 4-wheeler!  Zach and I had to work Thursday and Friday, but enjoyed time with family in the evenings.  We did our big Christmas with the Bauer side on Saturday, complete with stockings in the morning, a wonderful lunch, and present giving in the afternoon. 
 
We had time to play some new games this Christmas that were so much fun!  Thanks-a-lot, 5-Second Rule, and Say Anything were my favorites! 
 
It is amazing how blessed we are, especially with our family.  I cannot imagine life without them! 

No comments:

Post a Comment