"So I commend the enjoyment of life, because nothing is better for a man under the sun than to eat and drink and be glad. Then joy will accompany him in his work all the days of the life God has given him under the sun." Ecclesiastes 8:15

Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Valentine's Lovin'

We had so much fun getting ready for Valentine's Day this year!  I love that Lyle is getting old enough to do crafts with, so I searched Pinterest for some ideas.  My inspiration came from here, we just changed some steps to make it work better for us.  Also, we spread this craft out over the course of several evenings.  We just worked on them as long as his attention span would last, then picked up again the next night.

We made these hearts, and sent them out to family. 

First, Lyle colored on coffee filters with markers.  I set him up in his high-chair while I was cooking supper.  I only gave him one marker at a time, and he told me what color he wanted next, or when he was ready to start a new one.
Once they were all colored, I let him paint on them with water to bleed the colors.
The rest of the steps, I finished for him... Tracing a heart.
And gluing some construction paper to the back, so they wouldn't get crushed in the mail.

Add a little love note and you're done! :)

Lyle took these to daycare for his friends! 

You can find the template here.

 Lyle made this at daycare, and it makes me smile every time I think about it.  Just in case you can't read the picture, this is what is says:
"Lyle's Recipe for Love"
5 kisses
5 pancakes
1 daddy
1 mommy
5 purple combines

Stir, stir, stir in a bowl. 
Put in a box.
Cherry on top.
Eat it.

This is a pretty accurate description of what he loves right now.  The number 5, and especially pancakes and combines.  I'm thinking the kisses and daddy and mommy were prompted answers. :) (Although he loves those things too!)

Instead of flowers, Zach send me this goody box from the Popcorn Factory.  A win in my book! Yummm!  AND he got me a yogurt maker.  Is food listed as a love language?  I think it might be mine.  Well done, Zach, well done.

I made him a gift, but I plan to do another post on that!  I know you will be waiting with great anticipation to find out what it is! Hah!

Our Valentine's evening consisted of Freddy's for dinner, a three hour car ride up to Kansas City, and a book on tape!  And I enjoyed every minute of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment