"So I commend the enjoyment of life, because nothing is better for a man under the sun than to eat and drink and be glad. Then joy will accompany him in his work all the days of the life God has given him under the sun." Ecclesiastes 8:15

Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Snow and Other Fun

We have been having all kinds of fun in our little corner of the world lately.

Zach and I went to a comedy show last week at the Cotillion, with Aziz Ansari.  Most of you would recognize him as Tom, from Parks and Recreation.  It was a great show, with lots of crowd interaction.

Last Saturday was our church's annual Pancake Day.  We serve pancakes, the most amazing sausage you will ever taste, and homemade pie (because everyone has dessert after pancakes, right?  No? Just us?) from 6:30 am to 6:30 pm in the local fair barn.  The whole community comes out and it is so fun to chat with everyone.  Free will donations are taken and used for community needs through the year (like if someone has a house fire, etc.)  My mom and dad came down to watch Lyle while we helped during the mid-day shift.

After the pancake festivities, my sister Carrie and her family came down to help celebrate my dad's birthday.  We made Chipotle burritos, enjoyed pie, ice cream, and cake, and let the kids run wild!  The girls enjoyed catching up, sharing sewing tips, and learning new recipes.
Sunday I had great plans of having all our Superbowl snacks prepped and ready before the game started.  Little bud decided to take a crazy long nap, and we eventually had to wake him up to get going.  Zach's parents let us invite friends over to their house, so we headed out there to get started.  We made Pioneer Woman's BBQ sliders and potato skins again, and friends added cheese dip, tapioca, and italian nachos.  The girls prepped snacks through most of the first half, but made sure were done in time for the half-time show.  We were stuffed by the end, and had such a great night relaxing with friends!
This week has brought about 8 inches of snow, and supposedly we are supposed to get more tomorrow and Friday.  School was cancelled yesterday and today, but of course not work.  Every time it snows I am so thankful my husband insisted we get all-wheel-drive for our CRV.  It drives so great in the snow, and I don't have to worry about being stuck in a ditch somewhere!  I think Lyle was the only kid at daycare yesterday (and probably today!), but at least he got to play in the snow!  I also go to catch up with my sister Kristen, and chat about the sweet twin babies I am going to be an aunt to come August.  So fun!

Snow cream was a tradition in my house growing up!  Mix snow, milk, sugar, and vanilla.  It's so good!
One last little shout out to my husband.  He is amazing.  And I am lucky.  We usually buzz his hair at home, and most of the time he does all of it, then I come and touch up the stray hairs on the back that got missed.  He called me upstairs to help finish, and handed me the clippers to shave his neck, (which I thought still had the shield on to buzz his hair).  Well one swipe up the back of the head, I realized what I had done.  WHOOPS!  Now his whole head is shaved, and he just laughed and told me it was fine when I was crying because I felt so bad!  So that's when you know you have a good guy, when you accidentally shave his head, and he just laughs about it!
There was a rainbow on the way to work this morning.  It was gorgeous! (Much more beautiful than this picture shows).  Have you ever seen a rainbow with snow??
Hope you are all having a great week, and staying warm wherever you are!

2 comments:

  1. I'm disappointed that there is no picture of Zach's bald head! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ditto that! :-) I haven't seen him yet either! The snow ice cream looks like it was quite a hit! How fun.

      Delete