"So I commend the enjoyment of life, because nothing is better for a man under the sun than to eat and drink and be glad. Then joy will accompany him in his work all the days of the life God has given him under the sun." Ecclesiastes 8:15

Wednesday, January 29, 2014

21 Months

Your Dad will hate me saying this, but you are now 21 months.  Don't worry, I never say that when people ask how old you are.  It's hard to believe that in a few short months, you will be two! I am loving the age you are right now.  Learning to be independent and picking up everything like a little sponge.
Says:  Your vocabulary keeps growing!  I feel like you communicate really well, although sometimes I still have to interpret for other people.  You repeat new words after we say them, and then add them to your vocabulary.  You are able to name most of our family members, especially after spending Christmas together.  I was impressed when we told you Gigi and Gdad were coming to see you, and you asked if Mike was coming too!  You recognize things and call them by name.  Your Dad has been making sure you can identify all of the superheros. :)
Stats: I'm really not sure what you are measuring in at.  You are in 2T tops and jammies.  Some 18mo pants still fit you (mostly because you are on the short end-sorry!), but mostly you wear 2T for those as well.  We just bought you size 7 shoes...the old ones would not velcro across your feet anymore.
Sports Center or the Bachelor...which will win??
Loves: Mickey Mouse Clubhouse - you can name all the characters, and have started responding to the questions they ask in the show.  You get upset when they choose the wrong mouse-ka-tool!  Lately you get your stuffed Mickey, and sit him next to you on your little couch.  You still love the farm, going to feed the goats (doats!), and sitting in the combine.  Another favorite is to play games on the iPad.  "DumpTruck" and "Firetruck" are at the top of the list.  Whenever I am cooking in the kitchen, you are insistent on bringing over a chair, climbing up, and helping me finish whatever I am making.
Hates:  There is not much you do not like.  Vegetables don't always rank the highest, depending on your mood.

Sleeps: Right now you take a nap after lunch, then are ready for bed at about eight o'clock.  We read a couple books.  You usually ask for "Ho-Ho" (The Night Before Christmas) and "G Dog" (Go, Dog, Go!), finishing out with Dumbo or Sheep in a Jeep.  We never get through the whole book of any of them.  You just skip to your favorite parts!  After reading books, saying our prayer, and giving kisses, you go to bed really easy, and sleep till I wake you up about seven.  I try to squeeze a few more minutes out of you on Saturday mornings by bringing you into our bed.  Most of the time you are awake and goofy, so it doesn't last very long!  Last weekend you started jumping your bum back and forth, and after you licked me on my face, we got up! Hah!
Eats: When I ask you what you want to eat, most of the time you say, "sauce!"  which took me awhile, but means applesauce!  I was thinking you were crazy and wanted spaghetti all the time! :)  Your other favorites are cheese, macaroni, chili, spaghetti, fruit, yogurt, and M&M's.  We made french bread pizza's the other night, and you probably ate half the can of both mushrooms and black olives.  You definitely got that from your Dad and not me!
Does: Everyday I am impressed by something else you have learned.  You like to count, and if we ask you how many of something you want, you will hold up one hand and say "FIVE!"  You potty-trained really well, and have been consistent for the last few months.  You still wear a diaper at nap-time and bed-time, but the last few weeks you have been dry waking up from your naps.  You have been in a regular daycare for the last two months.  The first few weeks were rough with tears at drop-off and before pick-up time.  Thank goodness your Dad took you, I'm not sure I could have handled it.  We learned that a couple of M&M's made the transition smoother! :)  Now you are loving it.

What an awesome few months it has been.  We love your goofy personality and that you love to laugh.  You bring joy to everyone around you!

No comments:

Post a Comment