"So I commend the enjoyment of life, because nothing is better for a man under the sun than to eat and drink and be glad. Then joy will accompany him in his work all the days of the life God has given him under the sun." Ecclesiastes 8:15

Friday, January 10, 2014

Five on Friday

Am I ever glad to see Friday this week!  Linking up with some great gals, listing my five "happenings" of the week.  

ONE  We are heading to my sister's tomorrow to celebrate my nephew, Eric's first birthday.  Can't wait to celebrate!

TWO  I don't know what it is about this week, but all I want to do is go home, put on my pajamas, park in front of the TV, and not move.  Maybe it's because I know how incredibly comfy my new pajamas and slippers are.  

Victoria Secret

Amazon

THREE  It's been Pioneer Woman themed at our house the last couple of weeks.  I made her potato skins and Whisky BBQ sliders for New Years snacks-both were amazing!  I'm hoping to keep cooking through her cookbooks, instead of filing them on my shelf.  I also got her book "Black Heels to Tractor Wheels" and just finished reading it.  I loved it.  

Sliders - Potato Skins




FOUR  Why oh why are there so many good sales, AFTER Christmas, when we are trying to really watch our spending???  I have been barely skimming my hotmail account (where all my store/ad/sale emails go), so I'm not as tempted.  I did find a great sale on some new tennis shoes for Lyle.  He had outgrown his others, and I got these on sale at Finish Line for $14!  That's cheaper than you can find not name-brand ones most of the time.  I went ahead and got another pair in the next size up!  They still have their sale going on, and I'm sure there's adult sales too, I just resisted looking!  
Finish Line


FIVE  A precious Lyle picture to top it off! :)

Photo credit goes to my brother-in-law Shawn Swander.  He gets the credit for the gift of bubbles too! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment