"So I commend the enjoyment of life, because nothing is better for a man under the sun than to eat and drink and be glad. Then joy will accompany him in his work all the days of the life God has given him under the sun." Ecclesiastes 8:15

Monday, January 27, 2014

Just What We Needed

After a little bit of an emotional week, sometimes you just need a few favorite things and some sunshine to get back on track.  While we waited for my car to get done at Honda, we went to Zach's favorite stores (Cabela's and Gander Mountain) and my favorite store (Target).  Lyle was in love with the fish tank and kept pointing out all of the mounted deer heads at Cabela's.  He thinks that deer say "No, no no!" because when he was driving in the truck with Papa, he had Lyle tell the deer, "No, no no!  Stay off of Papa's wheat!"  And it stuck!    
 A happy drink for mama!  Extra happy because I had a few dollars left on my gift card, making my drink free!
Farm boy at heart, playing in the sunshine!


One of our goats had babies!  The girl in front is "Nananana" and the boy in back is "Batman."  
Lyle was beyond excited.  I am much more excited than I look in this next picture! :)


 He would have a whole farm in our backyard if I let him!  (Don't worry these are at his Grandma's!)
 Playing in the "dump-dump" with Papa!
 A good end to the weekend.  Watching a movie and eating popcorn.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks again for brightening my week! Also, in the picture of him on his 4-wheeler, he is doing the "Original Lyle" justice by not quite having his hat on straight! :-) Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everytime I tried to fix it, he put it back. He must of known that was the way "Lyle's" wear their hats! :) Love you too!

      Delete
  2. Thanks! I popped over to look at your blog...I am on the last book of the Divergent series. I might have to check out a few others on your list! :)

    ReplyDelete