"So I commend the enjoyment of life, because nothing is better for a man under the sun than to eat and drink and be glad. Then joy will accompany him in his work all the days of the life God has given him under the sun." Ecclesiastes 8:15

Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Happy.

Do you ever feel like God is telling you something?  As I was reading blogs this morning, God sent me a message.  Both my sister and one of my best friends wrote posts on being grateful.  And they were inspiring.  One of the next blog posts I read was about 100happydays written over at Ellie Love.  The challenge is to take pictures and record for 100 days in a row something that made you happy that day.

I couldn't help but make the connection between the two.  Grateful and Happy.  Read this excerpt from their webstite:

We live in times when super-busy schedules have become something to boast about. While the speed of life increases, there is less and less time to enjoy the moment that you are in. The ability to appreciate the moment, the environment and yourself in it, isthe base for the bridge towards long term happiness of any human being.

71% of people tried to complete this challenge, but failed quoting lack of time as the main reason. These people simply did not have time to be happy. Do you?" 


Did you catch that?  "These people simply did not have time to be happy."  I do not want to ever feel like I am too busy/stressed/tired to be happy.  I want to be happy WHILE I am busy/stressed/tired.  And honestly, isn't life so much more fun when you are happy???

So I am signing up for 100 days of happy.  I will be posting my pictures on instagram (kbauer30) if you want to follow me.  I'm sure there will be plenty of Lyle pictures in there, because I think he makes everyone happy! 

Let me know if you decide to sign up too...I'd love to follow your 100 days!  

No comments:

Post a Comment