"So I commend the enjoyment of life, because nothing is better for a man under the sun than to eat and drink and be glad. Then joy will accompany him in his work all the days of the life God has given him under the sun." Ecclesiastes 8:15

Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Homeade Christmas

This year, the girls in our family did a gift exchange, just between us.  The basic goal was to make or get a $5-ish gift for everyone.  We did this a couple years ago (read about it here) and it was so much fun!  I love scouring Pinterest (both mine and theirs) for ideas.  I was torn this year on wanting to make something different for each person, but time won out and everyone got a version of the same thing!  (I totally overestimated the amount of projects that I could get done between Thanksgiving and Christmas - note to self for next year!  Because of that, you might see Christmas projects being finished and featured on here in February!)


I made infinity scarfs for everyone.  They really are pretty simple to make (especially if you do not pick striped material.  That took the longest...lining up the stripes!)

Kansas pillow with a heart for Harper! Made by my sweet sis Kristen. 

Super cute frame from my sister Carrie.  Time to print off some favorite Instagram pictures!

Embroidered towel and goodies from my Mom.
And unfortunately I don't have a picture of Steph's gift.  In packing everything up, my gift from her ended up at Carrie's house.  Don't worry, I'll get it back this weekend!  She made us these awesome engraved wooden spoons.  

It was so fun to see what different ideas everyone came up with.  I recommend trying it with your family or friends sometime!  It mixes it up from just buying them something!  


No comments:

Post a Comment