"So I commend the enjoyment of life, because nothing is better for a man under the sun than to eat and drink and be glad. Then joy will accompany him in his work all the days of the life God has given him under the sun." Ecclesiastes 8:15

Wednesday, April 9, 2014

You've Got Mail!

I recently changed my system for incoming mail, bills, and organization.  Before, I had a table everything got thrown onto.  And then my office was is a disaster so I would never work up the energy to go file anything.  So the table would pile up, both with new mail and things to be filed, giving the potential to pay bills late simply because I didn't know the bill was buried!  It was a mess. 

Table old from Target, Similar

This is my new system.  This spot is steps from our front door, so the mail goes directly here without making any pit-stops.  It's also is in our living room, because I like to sit on the couch to pay our bills.  Family and TV make that task so much more enjoyable!

Magazine File from Target

I realize that you can't read the labels very well, so here they are: Sort, Bills, Kim, and Zach.  Incoming mail goes in the first folder if we don't have time to sort it right away.  The next folder is for bills, so we can see exactly what we have and they don't get buried!  The other two folders are one for Zach and one for me.  Mostly magazine's go in our boxes, but I also put things in my box that I can't quite decide on.  Then the next time I pay bills, I go through my box too, to make sure I didn't miss anything important.  I also keep our budget binder on this table too, so as I'm paying bills I can track them.  We're still working on that process! :)    


 On the shelf is a little box with envelopes, address labels, stamps, extra checks, and pens.  Everything I need in one place!


The folders sit on this table, which is actually a file cabinet.  Once I pay bills they just get filed here without having to step foot in the office! Hah! This file cabinet is pretty small, but the intention is to only keep the current year here, then file them all in our bigger cabinet in the office.  

This change has worked so well for us, and keeps me sane, which is always a plus!   

4 comments:

  1. Ahem…I didn't see any pictures of my grandson…but I love your new mini office organizer. Very clever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, I know! What is a blog post without Lyle! We will be plenty busy this weekend, so there will be pictures coming!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Girlllll, will you please come organize my house?!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure! After I organize the other 99% of my house! LOL!

      Delete