"So I commend the enjoyment of life, because nothing is better for a man under the sun than to eat and drink and be glad. Then joy will accompany him in his work all the days of the life God has given him under the sun." Ecclesiastes 8:15

Monday, June 22, 2015

Father's Day Weekend


We had such a fun, summer filled weekend!  The weather is definitely warming up (okay, it's hot!!), so Lyle and I had a little "pool" time in the backyard.  Sandbox toys also make great water toys!  Please don't mind our glaring white skin.
 


 Next up was a visit to the field to check out the combines.  Harvest is in full swing, and the guys are picking up canola right now.  Lyle loves to help drive the combine, and I'm pretty sure Papa loves having him help. 


And of course you can't farm without your cut-off pearl snap shirt on.  Just like Papa. 


We even busted one out for Aria to wear.  With a bow too of course.



 Sweet girl was totally content to watch everything out of the big windows.



 Unfortunately, I didn't make this kid nap at home and he fell asleep in the car on the way out to the field.  He was a bit grumpy, had itchy eyes from allergies, and rubbed them with dirty hands.  Game over, folks.  I got him cleaned up and home and convinced him to take one more picture for the evening.

 Sunday we went to church and then grilled steaks with Papa and Grammy for lunch.  So grateful for all the fathers in our life.  They are each so amazing and special to us.

Zach went back out to the field, and Lyle stayed to play at Grammy's, so Aria and I went to visit Grandma Glenda. 



We helped take lunches out to the field, and I drove the combine so Zach could eat his lunch.  I use the word "drove" very loosely.  I kept it going (fairly) straight on the rows, then panicked and had to have Zach help me navigate the turns at the ends of the field. Too many things to do all at the same time.  I guess I'll keep my day job.  Just let me ride shotgun and I'm happy.
  

Riding with Zach always takes me back to when we were dating, and I would ride for hours in the tractor with him.  I love those memories. 


 The kids and I ended the evening in the backyard.  I can't get enough of this girl's cuteness. 


 We took a little walk around the neighborhood and went on a "leaf hunt."  And got bitten by a thousand mosquitoes.  Next time we'll load up on the bug spray. 


I took Aria up for a bath first, and came down to a huge pile of "treasures" on the couch.  Lyle's favorite activity right now is to make piles (of any and every toy, blanket, and pillow he can find) and pretend it is some imaginary boat or spaceship or such.  While we were cleaning up he made shapes with his crayons and was a "machine helper" while he talked like a robot with a cup on his mouth.  Was he stalling picking up his toys and taking a bath?  Absolutely.  But I love it anyways. 


It was a rough Monday morning, waking up after late nights and full days.  But we are ready for wherever the week will take us! 

I am going to take this passage from my devotional, Jesus Calling, into this week with me.

I speak to you continually. My nature is to communicate, though not always in words. I fling glorious sunsets across the sky, day after day after day. I speak in the faces and voices of loved ones. I caress you with a gentle breeze that refreshes and delights you. I speak softly in the depths of your spirit, where I have taken up residence. You will seek Me and find Me, when you seek Me above all else.  


2 comments:

  1. Kim, What a wonderful blog. It's so full of joy! Even when things get a little crazy you invariably find the blessing! I love your little family so much! Have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved all the pictures and I'm also glad Aria had her pearl snap shirt for the field! It's crazy that this time next year Papa will have 3 little helpers for harvest! Love, love, love you guys!

    ReplyDelete