"So I commend the enjoyment of life, because nothing is better for a man under the sun than to eat and drink and be glad. Then joy will accompany him in his work all the days of the life God has given him under the sun." Ecclesiastes 8:15

Thursday, June 25, 2015

What's Up Wednesday 6.25.15

I am joining some lovely ladies today for a little look into our lives! I realize today is Thursday..a day late isn't so bad, is it?

http://www.shullfamily.blogspot.com/2015/06/whats-up-wednesday-062415.html

What we're eating this week
I had planned out meals for this week....and then I realized it was harvest.  So we have been having picnics in the van when we help take food out to the field!  I made Zach's favorite chocolate sheet cake for Father's Day, so we've been snacking on that when we make it home.



What I'm reminiscing about 
My niece and nephew are turn one today!  A year ago we were wondering how long they would hold out before they made their debut, and praying they would be as healthy as possible at 8 weeks early.  What a difference a year makes!

Look how little Summer was!

And look how big they are now!  Granted this picture was three months ago...

What I'm loving
Lemon Lime Water

What we've been up to
Combine riding and outside playing


What I'm dreading
Baths every night.  I will admit giving baths are not my favorite, and in the summer when the kids are all sweaty, dirty, and covered in sunscreen and bug spray, there isn't much avoiding it.

What I'm working on
A few baby gifts (I will share after they have been gifted!)

What I'm excited about
We find out if my brother and sister-in-law are having a boy or girl this week.   I am SO excited.  SO EXCITED!!!!
Stephanie holding Aria at Christmas.  Can't wait to hold her baby this year!!!

What I'm watching
So many of our seasons are over (sob), and we finished watching all the seasons of Castle (another sob), so we are enjoying summer television:  So You Think You Can Dance,  American Ninja Warrior, and The Bachlorette (this season is a TRAIN WRECK-but I can't help myself).

If any of you watch The Bachlorette, you HAVE to read these recaps by Pinterest Told Me To.  They are the FUNNIEST thing ever, and she says exactly what we were all thinking!

This is my favorite quote from today's post: Nick had 10 minutes to get dressed, so he threw on a pair of sensible green jeggings...

We also love to watch shows on Netflix/Hulu.  We are currently watching Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt.  Anyone have good suggestions of a new show for us to binge watch this summer??

What I'm reading
The Girl on the Train

The Power of a Woman's Words


What I'm listening to 
In need of suggestions!  I'm tired of everything on the radio and on my Pandora/Spotify stations. 

What I'm wearing
Scrubs during the day and athletic shorts and a t-shirt in the evening.  Nothing too exciting over here! 

What I'm doing this weekend
Zach will most likely  be in the field, so Saturday morning the kids and I are planning to head up to Wichita to meet up with one of my good friends from college.  Our church has a pastoral candidate coming for the weekend, so they are having dinner with our Sunday School class Saturday night, and the Preschool board is in charge of serving breakfast Sunday morning. 

Planning on a breakfast burrito bar...my favorite!

What I'm looking forward to next month/4th of July Plans
We have Friday off next week for 4th of July, so we are headed up to Kansas City to hang out, and go to Kodi's baby shower on Sunday.  On the agenda is the zoo (Lyle is PUMPED that they have polar bears there.  We've been watching them on the zoo cam!), pedicures, donuts plus lots of other good food.

What else is new?  
We have flowers planted in our front flower beds for the first time in...well...ever.  Since we moved in six years ago.  I love them!


Happy Thursday!

2 comments:

  1. Bath time isn't too fun for this mama either! Now it is more of a chore than a joy! I try to do showers but that ends up in tears from the littlest of our crew. Sheet cake? Sign up me, I love some sheet cake!!! Have a fabulous weekend, it sounds quite busy BUT fun! xo Amanda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who doesn't love bath time!!

      Delete