"So I commend the enjoyment of life, because nothing is better for a man under the sun than to eat and drink and be glad. Then joy will accompany him in his work all the days of the life God has given him under the sun." Ecclesiastes 8:15

Sunday, August 5, 2012

Lyle Holden Bauer

First, let me apologize for not posting since Lyle was born.  It's been a little crazy, especially since I've been back at work.  I'll post a few catch-up posts, then go from there!

Lyle was born on April 23, on his due date.  I had given up hope that he would come on his own, and we had been scheduled to be induced two days later.  My water broke about 2:30AM and we got up to the hospital about 4.  Things went pretty quickly from there, and he was born by C-Section at 9:33AM.  He was 9blbs 12oz and just too big to come naturally!  The doctors had thought he might be big (a sonogram 1 1/2 weeks earlier predicted 8lbs 6 oz), but I think everyone was a little suprised at his size!

New Family!

Meeting Grammy and Papa Bauer

Meeting Uncle Than, Auntie Carrie, and Cousin Zoe

Meeting Grandaddy and Gigi Norris

I think this is my favorite picture!  We had newborn pictures taken in the hospital by the photographer there.  We were really happy with how they turned out!


 A little bit about his name....
Lyle was Zach's grandfather's name.  He was a wonderful man from all the stories I have been told.  We thought it was a great way to honor someone so special.
Holden is the name of the beach Kim's family used to vacation at each summer in North Carolina with her grandparents.  It holds some of her most precious memories and reminds her of her wonderful Nana and Papa.  


So Lyle Holden represents both sides of the family and just a representation of all the people we love!  We also liked the idea that he wouldn't have the same name as five other kids in his class! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment