"So I commend the enjoyment of life, because nothing is better for a man under the sun than to eat and drink and be glad. Then joy will accompany him in his work all the days of the life God has given him under the sun." Ecclesiastes 8:15

Monday, November 17, 2014

Lyle

I started writing a Lyle update two months ago (and never posted it obviously, story of my life).  And everything has changed already!  This boy is growing up faster than I can imagine!  He seems like such a big kid now, and I know he will seem even older when this little baby comes!

So here is a glimpse into Lyle's world.


-Everything revolves around superheros.  He was Hulk for Halloween, says he wants Santa to bring him three Hulk costumes, gets to watch "Avengers Assemble" cartoon with his Dad on Netflix, and can tell you the names of the bad guys in his Spiderman book (mostly because we ask him to repeat Gleen Globalin (Green Goblin) all the time-so funny!)

-His favorite activity is to "work" on his tractors.  He will get all of his tools out and fix whatever needs fixing!

-Pizza and macaroni are his favorites.

-He loves to talk to baby sister.  He will hug my tummy and say, "She's getting bigger and bigger!"  He will tell her something he did that day, then turn to me and say, "What she say?"  We are still working on the concept that baby sister won't be able to talk and play when she is born. lol.

-He insists on wearing his boots everyday.  With sweatpants, shorts, jeans, his Halloween costume.  Everyday.

-He has started to love to sing, usually picking the ABC's or Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Start to sing, especially yelling out the last word of each line.  He loves lots of other songs too, my favorite being PLOP Goes the Weasel.  Which turns into PLOP goes the popcorn, and anything else he can think of.  Such a silly man.
           

-He has been much better at going to bed each night.  We usually read a book, then he climbs on up and gets snuggled in.  I turn on his night-lights and say "night-night, I love you!" And he so sweetly says back, "I love you too Mama!"  Melts my heart every time.

-Your imagination is starting to go crazy!  I love to listen to you playing and making up stories!

No comments:

Post a Comment