"So I commend the enjoyment of life, because nothing is better for a man under the sun than to eat and drink and be glad. Then joy will accompany him in his work all the days of the life God has given him under the sun." Ecclesiastes 8:15

Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Birthday Festivities

I had a wonderful birthday weekend.  28 is looking like it will be a great year!!  I am excited for things on the horizon and most of all enjoying all the upcoming fun with my family dearest!

My sweet husband and kiddos had these flowers delivered to my office on Friday.  They smell just as beautiful as they look!


Saturday morning breakfast with these two crazies.  If that tongue isn't sticking out, she has her nose scrunched up and is sniffing at you!


 Lyle had already eaten a full bowl of oatmeal and some scrambled eggs.  So now he's eating jelly beans.  Why not, right?  He was convinced every day of the weekend was my birthday.  "We're going out to Grammy's to celebrate your BIRTHDAY???!!"  Me: "Tomorrow, honey."  Lyle:  "But your BIRTHDAY is today, right?"  We had this conversation MANY times. :)  He was pumped.


We dropped the kids off with the grandparents after lunch and Zach and I headed to Wichita for kid-free shopping, dinner, and a movie.  I was searching for a shirt to wear for our upcoming family pictures, and no-lie we went in basically every store of the mall.  It was a BUST!  Who would have thought finding a simple blue shirt would be so stinking hard!  I ended up with a couple of dresses I think will work, but next year I am picking my outfit first instead of the other way around!    I also made sure to take a spin through the Starbucks drive through to cash in my birthday reward free drink!  (Download the Starbucks app if you go there very often.  You can pay using your phone and you get extra discounts and rewards.)


We headed to church Sunday morning, then out to my in-laws for a steak dinner.  Mmmm.  Lyle insisted my birthday cake have an angel on it.  And that all the flowers and sun be named.  I love that kid.



Lyle is helping me blow out candles and Aria is giving us the side-eye.  I think she's a little peeved that someone moved the cake further than her little grabby hands could reach!


Grammy helped Lyle and Aria make this for me.  Oh my goodness I love it.  I took it to work and am going to hang it in my office.  Then Lyle sang "You are my Sunshine" for me and I definitely got teary eyes.  I used to sing that to him as I rocked him to sleep.  That moment got my momma heart for sure.
 

I am looking forward to getting together with my side of the family in a couple weeks (we have our church retreat and county fair the next two weekends which are sure to be a whirlwind!)


1 comment: