"So I commend the enjoyment of life, because nothing is better for a man under the sun than to eat and drink and be glad. Then joy will accompany him in his work all the days of the life God has given him under the sun." Ecclesiastes 8:15

Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Gifts for the Bebe

I have always loved baby showers.  There is something so precious about the excitement of a new baby, and being able to celebrate with the mom-to-be.  I remember going to baby shower's at church with my mom when I was younger, and loved helping pass around the gifts for everyone to ooh and ahh over. 

When I knew that we would be able to go to Kodi's baby shower, I wanted her to have a few special things to open from us.  For our first gift, I put together a Baby Medicine Kit.  I went to the store and bought all of the basics you need on hand when you have a sick little one, then made a cheat sheet with tips and dosing instructions.  I also included a Tylenol and Ibuprofen dosing chart that can help you navigate doses based on your babies weight. (Of course this goes without saying, I am not a doctor and it is always best to check with your child's physician before giving them medicine.)  I put it all together in a plastic tub, so it can be stored or moved to wherever it is most convenient.  Medicine seems to be the kind of thing that you never have in the house when you need it, so this kit will help prevent a late night run to the store the first time baby has a fever.



The next present was a little more personal.  I have found it so fun to make a baby quilt for each of my nieces and nephews!  They are not perfect by any means, but they are made out of love, and hopefully they are something that will be special to them.  We are not sure if Baby Swander is a boy or a girl, so I tried to pick fairly neutral colors and fabric.  In the baby's nursery there is a storybook/movie theme and Shawn is also a photographer, so I thought this fabric was perfect!




Baby Swander (or Donald Duck Jr. as Lyle lovingly calls you) we are so excited to meet you!

2 comments:

  1. I love, love, love the quilt! It looks amazing in baby's room!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Genius idea to gift medicine! That's definitely one that you never really think to stock up on as a new parent until your kid is sick and then someone has to run out to the pharmacy in the middle of the night in the rain (can you tell we've done that before?). :) And I love that quilt!

    ReplyDelete