"So I commend the enjoyment of life, because nothing is better for a man under the sun than to eat and drink and be glad. Then joy will accompany him in his work all the days of the life God has given him under the sun." Ecclesiastes 8:15

Wednesday, July 29, 2015

What's Up Wednesday 7.29.15

Happy Happy Wednesday!  Just a few short days until we arrive at the weekend!  Hooray!

http://shullfamily.blogspot.com/2015/07/whats-up-wedneday-072915.html

What we're eating this week
I'm not quite sure where this week will take us, so we are planning a little loosely for the week.  We've had chicken bacon ranch panini's and hot dogs so far.  We will probably throw in a night of breakfast (my favorite!) and pick up food in Wichita for dinner Thursday night.

What I'm reminiscing about 
The newborn days of both my babies.  I cannot believe that Lyle will be going to preschool soon!

What I'm loving
My fitbit! Hoping it will be a good motivator!  If we're not already friends, let me know so I can add you!

What we've been up to
Trying to find a break from the heat!  We set up a small pool in the backyard and it's been great! 

What I'm dreading
Knowing my house is going to be in the same state of mess for the next two weeks.  We are busy both weekends and in-between and there is already mounds of laundry waiting to be taken care of.  BUT I plan to enjoy everything and worry about that later!

What I'm working on
We are gearing up for another year at our church preschool.  I am on the board so we are getting ready to set up a fair booth, have a big fundraiser breakfast, and send out parent letters for the upcoming year.  Zach has a seed and supply business he helps run and they have been hard at work getting their store front cleaned out and set up for the fair too.

What I'm excited about
Hurt's Donuts are now in Wichita!  This is a donut shop that originally opened in Springfield, MO by a girl I went to middle school with.  They have had awesome success and are expanding like crazy!  They have wild flavored donuts (from cotton candy, to smore's, to maple bacon.)  We tried to go on Saturday night, but hit it when the college crowd was there late and did not want to stand in line for an hour!  My sweet father-in-law brought us a couple on Monday night, but we are planning to pick some up on Thursday!  What can I say, we are a donut loving family! :)



What I'm watching
We are currently watching Psych on Netflix.  Thanks for the introduction Kodi and Shawn! 


What I'm reading
This is a book about the concept of "conscious discipline,"  which is basically saying we have to change how we react to situations and how we say things before we can expect a change in our kids.  It's been really interesting so far.


I am loving reading this as part of my devotionals in the morning.  

What I'm listening to 
I guess this should go under "What I'm Watching," but I've been listening/watching Gilmore Girls on Netflix while I'm cooking, during lunch breaks, etc.

What I'm wearing

 I got this shirt for my birthday, and I can't wait to wear it!



What I'm doing this weekend
We are headed out to Camp Mennoscah for a church retreat this weekend.  I always love weekends at camp!  I am just praying it isn't too hot!  There is always great messages, fellowship, free time, and minute-to-win-it games!  My favorite!


What I'm looking forward to next month
It's all about the babies!  I can't wait for Baby Swander's arrival in the next month!  Gimme some baby snuggles!

What else is new?  
Lyle is going to the dentist for the first time tomorrow.  Well actually that's not true.  We made a quick visit to our local dentist to have his front tooth looked at after he busted it on the cement when he tripped down our porch steps.  Twice.  Poor guy.  But this is his first cleaning and regular check up.  Hopefully he will do well. 

What will you miss most about summer?
Well, since we are not yet in school, summer is a relative term.  One of the things I love about summer the most is that it stays light for so much longer.  In the winter it's easy to think the day is over when we get off work at 5, but there is so much more time to play in the summer!

So that's "What's Up" with the Bauers!  What's up in your neck of the woods???

4 comments:

  1. What a cute T-shirt!
    Deborah
    http://happybeyond.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK, so is it wrong that I totally clicked on your post because I saw donuts? We're a donut family too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those donuts look amazing! I totally love the series Psych!!! And now I'm interested to read the "Easy to Love, Difficult to Discipline" book.
    _Reba
    www.petersenbabytobee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We heard about this book at a conference, and I went online to watch a few videos and I was so intrigued. It totally makes sense! http://consciousdiscipline.com/videos/ is the website (I watched the Fern Creek School video, but I think there are others more related to parenting.)

      Delete