"So I commend the enjoyment of life, because nothing is better for a man under the sun than to eat and drink and be glad. Then joy will accompany him in his work all the days of the life God has given him under the sun." Ecclesiastes 8:15

Tuesday, May 3, 2016

What's Up Wednesday 4.27.16

Okay, so I know it's Tuesday, but this blog post originally was written last week on Wednesday.  True to life around here!  I figured posting a week late was better than letting it just sit unfinished!  Now to finish Lyle's 4 year old post and find all the pictures from his birthday party!

What we're eating: Cheese dogs and cheese rice, taco salad, spaghetti, steak and mashed potatoes
 
What I'm reminiscing about: Lyle had his fourth birthday on Saturday and each year I always think back onto his birth and all the stages he has gone through since then. How bittersweet! I got to go on his preschool field trip to the zoo...he is so grown up!



What I'm loving: I have been going to a yoga class at the wellness center and I love it!  I've only ever done DVD's at home, and doing a class live with an instructor was so great!  It's only once a week, but I'm trying to keep up and do it at home a couple times as well.


What we've been up to:  We have been having awesome spring weather, so we've been out in the yard swinging, playing in the sandbox, and talking walks.




What I'm dreading: Showing these white legs off when it's shorts season.  Anyone have good self-tanner recommendations?? HAH!

What I'm working on: We were in birthday crafting mode the last month, and I have a few details left to finish for a bridal shower at church this weekend.


What I'm excited about: Lyle has 6 month check-ups with both the allergist and the dentist this next week.  That seems a ridiculous thing to be excited about, but he is so much improved on both fronts than where he was last year.  Thankful our boy is feeling better!
 
What I'm watching: Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt - A new season just came out on Netflix....this show is ridiculous and hilarious!

I also love Brooklyn 99 - Which I love for the same reasons!

What I'm Reading:  I am reading Gone With the Wind (I've never read the book or watched the movie, and surprisingly I really like it!  It's just ridiculously long!!)

I have been reading Let.It.Go by Karen Eshlemen.  The tag line is "How to stop running the show and start walking in faith."  I think I need to start doing book reviews...I loved

Our Sunday School class has been reading Praying Circles Around the Lives of the Your Children.  I've read it once before, but reading it with our class has been awesome!
 
What I'm listening to: Switching between Adele and Ed Sheeran on Pandora

What I'm wearing: I got this new shirt at Target and love it!




What I'm doing this weekend:  I am helping with a bridal shower on Sunday at church, and Zach will be spending time down at the store on Saturday.  Otherwise we will be home trying to do a million loads of laundry!
 
What I'm looking forward to next month: A quick overnight trip to KC, hopefully time together with old friends, and helping my sister at a homeade market!

What else is new: A sassy little girl and piggy tails!



We have a full, fun month ahead! 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment