"So I commend the enjoyment of life, because nothing is better for a man under the sun than to eat and drink and be glad. Then joy will accompany him in his work all the days of the life God has given him under the sun." Ecclesiastes 8:15

Wednesday, May 25, 2016

What's Up Wednesday 5.25.16

Happy Wednesday!  Can you believe it is the end of May?  This weather has me all confused...50 degrees one day, 90 the next, rainy, and everything in between!  But with it being almost June I guess that means it is summer (even though that is a realative term when you are not on a school schedule!).  Here's to spending time outside, going swimming, and making memories!

I have been slacking on the blogging front lately, but I love this chance to catch everyone up on what's going on in our world!


What we're eating: Zach and I are doing a clean eating challenge right now, so we are trying new recipes, snacks, and all kinds of great things.  I think we have been pleasantly suprised by most things we have tried!  We are drinking Shakeology every morning for breakfast ( a natural based, super-food, protein shake).  I've tried other shakes before and never liked them....this one I love!


Monday: Southwestern BBQ wrap
Tuesday: Stir-fry
Wednesday: Hamburgers
Thursday: Crock-pot Chicken Tacos
Friday: Grilling Kabobs
 
What I'm reminiscing about: Our wedding day!  It was such a perfect, exciting day!  The opening act at our show last Saturday played our wedding song, "Better Together" by Jack Johnson.  I had not actually heard that song in forever and it caught me so off guard and totally made me cry!  So grateful for our relationship!

What I'm loving: The strawberries are ripe at our local strawberry farm!  We went when it first opened and picked so many berries, and they were so so good!  It's about time to go back and pick some more!

 
What we've been up to:  Watching Zoe in her first dance recital...


Being a part of Kaia's dedication at church on Mother's day...


Lyle finished his first year of preschool, and had his end of the year program....

We attended a bridal shower for our cousin Aleigh....



 
And on Saturday Zach took me to a comedy show with Bobby Bones who is a radio DJ.  I started listening to their radio show right when I got out of college-it was funny and kept me awake during my drive home after night shift!  Now they are a national show based out of Nashville.  But I still love the show, how positive and funny it is.  (And I realize I sound like an old person loving on a radio morning show!) The show was great, and we stayed to get a picture and a book signed afterward.  Such a fun night!
 



What I'm dreading: Nothing right now!

What I'm working on: Cleaning and organizing!  I am so bad at letting things pile up, so I am trying to do a bit of deep cleaning in different rooms on the weekend. 

What I'm excited about: Zach and I are part of a challenge group where we are doing a workout program (We chose Piyo-a faster paced combination of pilates and yoga) and clean eating for a month.  We are about a week and a half in and have been loving it!  I know for myself I can tell a difference in how I feel, my energy level, and I'm sleeping better.  We took weights and measurements at the beginning and at a week in.  Mine were comparable (which is okay!) and Zach made huge improvements! 
 
What I'm watching: It seems like every show we watch has had their season finale in the past week!  But The Bachlorette just started, so at least we have that!!! Hahah. ;)  Time to find some new shows on Netflix!

What I'm Reading:  I am almost finished with Amy Poehler's book, "Yes, Please!"  I've enjoyed it, I always think it's interesting to hear the behind-the-scenes stories!

I am also a few chapters into the book, "Grace for the Good Girl" by Emily Freeman.  I absolutely love this book, and have been learning so much about myself!  I definitely will need to write a post about this book!

 
What I'm listening to: Shades by Walker Hayes....song of the summer right there!

What I'm wearing: Scrubs and workout clothes.  Nothing too exciting!

What I'm doing this weekend:  This weekend is our anniversary and the kids are going to spend some time with Gigi and Grandaddy!  We are having a stay-cation and plan on watching a movie in a normal amount of time instead of taking 4 hours and starting and stopping it a million times!  Funny how your goals change after you become a parent! HAH!

What I'm looking forward to next month: Meeting up with friends, enjoying summer, and I have a feeling harvest and combine rides will be here before we know it!

What else is new: This little girl loves to read books.....


And this boy asked for popcorn last night so he could pretend to be at a movie theatre in his room.  "You know because they have all those snack choices and movie choices??"  Love that boy!

 
And look at these sweet cousins! They are going to be great friends, I just know it!




1 comment:

  1. You guys have had so many fun things going on! Loved this update. Miss you :)

    ReplyDelete