"So I commend the enjoyment of life, because nothing is better for a man under the sun than to eat and drink and be glad. Then joy will accompany him in his work all the days of the life God has given him under the sun." Ecclesiastes 8:15

Saturday, July 13, 2013

Fourth of July Weekend Recap

I always get excited for a holiday off, especially on a Friday or Monday, making it a three-day weekend.  With July 4th being on a Thursday, you miss the benefit of your days off being in a row.  So you can imagine how crazy excited I was when I found out that our office was going to be closed on Friday too!  Holy Cow-talk about amazing.  A four-day weekend!  Let's Go!

Thursday, Zach was helping his dad finish cutting wheat, so I met up with my parents and Carrie's family to go to Tanganika Wildlife Park.  Z and I had been to the park when it was first open, so it was fun to see all the new exhibits they had added since.  Lyle loved all the animals, especially the ones you could feed or pet.  And he spotted the basketball's in the animal's pens before he noticed any of the animals! 

Baby in the pouch!

Petting the kangaroos

The kids cooperate so well for pictures! Ha!

We headed to Carrie's house for a cookout and cousin play time before heading back to Harper.  Lyle was worn out from his day of fun, so he went to bed early (completely unbothered by the fireworks) and Zach and I put in a movie (and didn't watch any fireworks.)  Such a festive family we are! 

Friday, Zach went to work, Lyle went to Annie's, and I went to town cleaning!  I felt a little silly about how excited I was to have a whole day of uninterrupted cleaning time.  But it was great to crank up the music and tackle those piles that had been driving me crazy.  Stay tuned for a post about my "laundry room project."

Saturday and Sunday we managed to accomplish a big 'ol zero and it was wonderful!  We played lots of basketball, took lots of trips to the potty (yes people we are potty training), watched lots of TV, and just relaxed.  We headed out to Grandma Glenda's on Saturday with some D&J's for lunch.

Dipping our sandwich (aka our entire fist) into the cheese


 Lyle helped me make Jello Play dough (recipe here), and I baked up some banana chocolate chip bread for our monthly MYF breakfast at church.  


It ended up being the perfect combination of fun, getting things accomplished, and relaxing. Now why can't we have a weekend like this once a month????




No comments:

Post a Comment