"So I commend the enjoyment of life, because nothing is better for a man under the sun than to eat and drink and be glad. Then joy will accompany him in his work all the days of the life God has given him under the sun." Ecclesiastes 8:15

Monday, July 1, 2013

Weekend at the Lake

Gigi and Lyle
Lyle and I spent a quick weekend with my family down at Beaver Lake.  It was a mini-reunion of sorts, and it was so-so wonderful!  My siblings are a little bit scattered, with my brother Mike and his wife Steph being the farthest in South Carolina.  We had not seen them since Christmas, and they hadn't met our nephew Eric, so it was definitely time for a visit! 

A little blurry, but I love his smile!  So happy!

Lyle trying to play with Eric
Zach has been helping his dad cut wheat this year, so we had to go without him.  We missed him like crazy!  Thankfully, Lyle and I were able to hitch a ride with my parents, making the trip much easier than if I'd had to go by myself! 

Grandaddy and the boys

Reading a story

The weekend consisted mostly of playing with the kids, sitting on the dock/swimming, playing games, and eating.  And a lot of catching up and story telling. 

Ticket-to-Ride!

Hanging out on the dock

There were so many exciting updates to hear about: Mike and Steph are going to Nicaragua on a missions trip, Kristen and Philip are going to Africa this month with Every Orphan's Hope, Jeff just moved into his own apartment in Kansas City and started a new job, and Carrie's family and ours just got back from vacations.  There was so much to catch up on! 

Coloring with Auntie Steph

Uncle Mike

Auntie Kristen

Lyle looooved playing with his cousins and Aunties and Uncles. 

Zoe loves her mama!

Catching bubbles with her tongue

I love my Zoe girl!
I always feel so blessed after spending time with my family.  I love that we all get along and care enough to make the effort to get together.  Our times are always full of laughter (especially this time since we busted out the home videos!), and I just feel loved when I spend time with them.  Here's to hoping we can see everyone again soon! 

No comments:

Post a Comment