"So I commend the enjoyment of life, because nothing is better for a man under the sun than to eat and drink and be glad. Then joy will accompany him in his work all the days of the life God has given him under the sun." Ecclesiastes 8:15

Thursday, September 10, 2015

Lyle: First Day of Preschool



Lyle had his first day of preschool today.  He was pretty excited and not at all nervous.  The only thing he had said was that he would miss up while he was at school.  I tell you, this kid can melt your heart!


I woke him up a little bit early, so we would have time to take pictures and eat breakfast.  I thought reminding him that it was a school day would get him up faster, but he just rolled over and said, "But, Mom.  I'm so sleeeeepppyy."  Me too bud, me too.  I had all kinds of nice shirt options laid out, but he insisted on wearing Ninja Turtles.  


Since the preschool is across the street from Zach's work, and class doesn't start until 8:30, Lyle gets to go to work with his dad for a few minutes in the morning, then they walk over.  I think he was pretty pumped about that too!


Zach said he ran off to play with friends when he got there.  I think it was probably best that Zach was there to drop him off and not me.  I'm sure there would have been tears in the car on the way out.  Instead I was able to just be excited for him.


His grandma picked him up from school, and the kids were out on the playground.  Apparently he and his friend were playing bad guys and chasing the girls.  Help me, he is only three and chasing girls.  He also said not to worry that they were nice bad guys and it was just pretend.


Grammy brought him down to see me at work after class, and we went to McDonald's for lunch so I could hear about his day.  They painted with marshmallows, played in the kitchen, and he got to play in the tent.  I think he had a great day.  His favorite part of the day was the other kids and he said he didn't learn anything.  Ha!  Priorities right???


I can't wait to see how he grows this year!

2 comments:

  1. I was so excited to pick Lyle up from preschool! He was so funny and happy.Thank you guys!

    ReplyDelete