"So I commend the enjoyment of life, because nothing is better for a man under the sun than to eat and drink and be glad. Then joy will accompany him in his work all the days of the life God has given him under the sun." Ecclesiastes 8:15

Wednesday, September 2, 2015

The Leibster Award

I was so honored to be nominated for the Liebster award.  If you are not familiar with it, go here to read a bit more.  Basically the idea is to connect you to new and fun blogs to read.


First, thank you to A Fresh Brewed Faith for thinking of me!  I always look forward to your posts, and find myself saving your simple recipes and lesson plans all the time!  I love having friends in the real world that I can connect with in the blog world too!

Sometimes the rules change from blogger to blogger, but here are the basic rules. If you choose to accept the nomination (you don’t have to accept), you are invited to write a post that includes the following:
• A link back to the person who nominated you
• The instructions in your post
• Answers to the 11 questions given to you by the nominator
• The Liebster award logo displayed somewhere in your post
• A Nomination 5 -11 other bloggers with less than 1,000 followers
• 11 questions for your nominees to answer if they choose to accept!
• Also, you will need to notify all nominees via social media/blogs that they have been nominated by you.

A Fresh Brewed Faith had some fun questions for me...and here are my answers!

What has been your favorite post you've written?
A Season of Busy. I am stressed and impatient when I am in "busy" mode.  So sometimes I need to take a step back and re-evaluate and re-prioritize!

What do you love about blogging?  I love being able to look back on our memories as a family.  Time goes so incredibly fast, and it is so easy to forget those little moments.  Whether it's the book your child is obsessed with at the time, a funny story from vacation, or your son singing to his new baby sister on the way home from the hospital, I want to remember them all!  I also love that blogging is motivation for me to take more pictures of our life!

Where would you most like to travel to and why?
I've always wanted to stay in one of those huts on the water where you can see the ocean through the floor and jump off your front porch into the ocean.  Apparently they are called "over-water bungalows" and they look fabulous!



Coffee or tea?  And how do you take it?
Coffee!  It is more of a comfort thing for me than anything.  (I am only drinking decaf right now, but I still love a cup every morning!)  I learned to drink coffee with dessert with my family, and that is when I love it the most.  I drink it black most of the time, but I also love a froo-froo drink from the coffee shop.  A white chocolate mocha or iced coffee is my favorite!

What was the most beautiful meal you've ever eaten?
I love a good meal, but I'm not one to remember all the details or be overly wow-ed by the presentation.  So I'm going a bit in the other direction.  The most beautiful meal I've ever eaten was right after we got married.  Our wedding was in the afternoon, and our reception had our favorite snack-y food instead of a meal (fruit + chocolate fountain, Carlos O'Kelly's chips and salsa, and wedding cake.  It was awesome).  When we left Zach and I decided to get something to eat for dinner.  So we went to Texas Roadhouse in his tux and my wedding dress.  We were just so excited to be married and I have never felt more beautiful or happy. 



What is your favorite candy?
Reese's pieces or Peanut Butter M&M's.  Or peppermint bark at Christmas time!

What is your favorite book from childhood?
I loved the Amelia Bedelia books when I was younger.



What other creative endeavors do you enjoy?
I like to craft and sew.  I have recently learned to quilt and have had so much fun making baby quilts for my nieces, nephews, and my own kids!
If you want to see the quilts visit these past posts: Twins, Kaia, Zoe.  Apparently I never posted a final picture of Lyle's quilt, or my nephew Eric's!  I guess it's time for a rewind post!  Thank you Liebster award for helping me realize this! :)

If you had a free day to browse a bookstore, what genre do you immediately gravitate toward upon entering?
Christian Fiction.  I love getting lost in a story, and I love that you don't have to worry about the content in this genre.

What's your favorite way to relax?
I love grabbing something to drink (let's be honest, a snack too!), putting on sweats, and either reading or watching a favorite show.  

What is one thing you are super excited for this fall?
If I had to pick one thing, it would probably be busting out some fall candles!  There is just something about having fall candles burning in the house that makes everything cozier!  It's an instant mood lifter!

Now for my nominees!  I would love for you guys to check out these blogging friends!

From Blacktop to Dirt Road

Adventures in Swanderland

The Hershberger Home

Not Your Ordinary Smith

Pearls of Grace


Here are your questions to answer!
1. What do you love about blogging?
2.  What is one quirky thing we may not know about you?
3.  What has been your favorite trip/vacation you have taken?
4.  What is one thing on your bucket list?
5.  What is your favorite dessert?
6.  You have one day to spend by yourself (no spouse, no kids to take care of).  How do you spend it?
7.  A favorite quote or bible verse
8.  What is one place you could see your family living and being very happy?
9.  What is your favorite board/card game to play?
10.  Tell us about a crazy/funny story or adventure from college.  Come on, we all have them!
11.  What is your current favorite TV show?

And last of all...Happy Hump Day!!  We are one day closer to a three-day weekend!!!  

2 comments:

  1. I love that you went out to dinner after your wedding still in your wedding clothes! My husband and I did that too, at a Longhorn Steakhouse. So much fun! Looking forward to checking out your nominees! :)
    ~Katie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So cool that you and your husband did that too! Such a great memory! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete