"So I commend the enjoyment of life, because nothing is better for a man under the sun than to eat and drink and be glad. Then joy will accompany him in his work all the days of the life God has given him under the sun." Ecclesiastes 8:15

Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Weekend Recap

Weekends go by way too fast.  I feel like that phrase is on repeat every week, come Monday morning. 

I had to drop my car off at Honda for a few hours on Saturday, so I talked my sister's family and my parents into going to the zoo with us.  I had to really twist some arms, as you can imagine. ;)

The boys held hands and were off!


Lyle was excited to see Grandaddy!


Checking out the alligators.


Little miss living the good life.


Pictures behind the waterfall.  Basically required when you go to the zoo. 


They are all (kind of) looking!  That has to count for something!


All the animals were up close that day. The weather was cool and most of them were a lot more active than usual.  (As I show you a picture of a sleeping lion).


The picture below is a pretty good representation of these kids!  They had a blast! I love that they are getting to the ages where they can talk and play together without as much need for interference from the grown-ups.



What a good G-dad!


I was good at getting pictures of the older kids.  But no pictures of the parents, of course.  The day was a perfect way to catch up with my sister and mom.    


We went to lunch then picked up our car.  I had one more errand to run and Lyle feel asleep about 2 minutes before we got there.  So he was crying and collapsing on the floor as I checked out.  Nothing a Starbucks run couldn't fix.  Until he told me he had to go to the bathroom on the way home.  I pulled over on a dirt road, so we wouldn't have to get Aria out of the car, when he told me, "Mom!  I can't poop in the grass!" (Side note...He can poop in the grass and has done so numerous times on road trips.  But I think he's getting old enough we should avoid that as much as possible.  LOL) Ugh.  Back into the car and down the road to the next tiny town with a gas station.  We unload Aria's carseat and of course she wakes up and cries the rest of the 25 minute drive home.  Exactly how trips with kids go when you are by yourself, am I right??  I was pretty darn thankful I had made that Starbucks stop. 


Sunday was spent at church, for Sunday School and the morning service, then back at 4 for meetings.  The kids alternated times for naps, and we had to wake Lyle up from his, so good moods were not exactly flowing freely.  The meetings were fine (and even productive) but four hours is a long time for kids to entertain themselves at church while the grown ups are busy.  On a high-note I baked pumpkin chocolate chip muffins for our meeting...hooray for the first taste of fall! :)

So that was our weekend...fun but a little crazy.  Temperatures are back in the 90's and warm this week...wishing for Saturday's cool weather to come back to stay!

No comments:

Post a Comment