"So I commend the enjoyment of life, because nothing is better for a man under the sun than to eat and drink and be glad. Then joy will accompany him in his work all the days of the life God has given him under the sun." Ecclesiastes 8:15

Wednesday, August 26, 2015

What's Up Wednesday 8.26.15

How in the world is it already the end of August?  How did that happen? I am linking up today to share a little of "What's Up" in our world.

http://shullfamily.blogspot.com/2015/08/whats-up-wednesday-082615.html

What we're eating this week
Pizza Twists
Ranch Chicken
Freezer Crock Pot Meal
Beef and Snow Peas
Tacos

What I'm reminiscing about 
Our trip to Disneyworld.  Lyle was the same age Aria is now, and it is fun to have a milestone to compare them at.  Lyle got his first haircut at Disneyworld (after already trimming his bangs) and poor Aria looks like she has hardly any hair at all from the front!  We were dreaming about a Disney cruise this weekend in another few years when everyone is older.  We might have to save A LOT of pennies to make that one happen! ;)


What I'm loving
S'mores Oreo's.  Have you tried them?  The cookie part is graham cracker and they are soo good!  And we finally found Brownie Batter Oreo's.  Oh my goodness.  


What we've been up to
We had a crazy August.  Crazy.  Full of our county fair, Aria being sick, Zach trying to get into the fields to get them worked, and a trip to Kansas City to see our new baby niece!  In between we have been cuddling lots of babies, putting together a ton of puzzles, making robot costumes out of boxes, and I've been making hundreds of kids cry as they get their back to school shots.  I'm such a meanie!
 

What I'm dreading
Having to feed Lyle breakfast in the morning!  I know it sounds crazy, but right now the kids eat breakfast at daycare and it makes it so easy!  On the days Lyle goes to preschool, he will go with Zach to work for a few minutes before going to class.  So I either need to feed him at home or send something with him to eat.  He is not the easiest boy to get up in the mornings, so we'll see how it goes!  I have a feeling that prepping everybody's stuff the night before is the only way we will get anywhere with what we need!

What I'm working on
Baby Quilts!  Look at this adorable fabric I have for Aria's quilt.  I'm in love!


What I'm excited about
We got family pictures taken last week, and I am loving the couple of sneak peeks she has posted.  I was convinced we were not going to have any of all of us looking, much less smiling.  I'm excited to see the rest, and I want to get some huge canvases printed of my favorites. 

Photo Credit melissa jane photography

What I'm watching
All our shows are about to start!!!  A couple fun ones we have been watching this summer include So You Think You Can Dance and Last Comic Standing.

What I'm reading
The Kindness Diaries.  This man's goal is to make a trip around the globe on his motor bike, depending completely on the kindness of strangers for his food, gas and lodging.




What I'm listening to 
Whenever we road trip, Zach and I listen to an audio book.  We are almost finished with the King of Plagues by Jonathan Maberry.  In our car we have a USB port we can plug our phone directly into and listen over the car speakers.  We took Zach's parent's van to KC this weekend, and tried to use an old school player that you tune to a fuzzy radio station.  Everyone remember those??? It was driving us absolutely crazy, so we busted out the headphone splitter and listened through headphones the whole way.  We're awesome, I know. ;)


What I'm wearing
Loving that I can wear jeans now instead of dying in shorts and a tank top.  Bring on the fall weather so I can wear my scarfs and boots again!


What I'm doing this weekend
My car is scheduled to be serviced on Saturday, so I need to figure out what we will do while we wait.  The weather is finally not hitting 100 everyday, so I'm thinking a trip to the zoo with the cousins is in order! Sunday we have meetings at church in the evening, but I'm thinking a nap for the whole family sounds mighty nice!


What I'm looking forward to next month
We have a family wedding in September (that we don't have to pack bags and travel to...whoo!), and several ladies from our church are planning to go to the Beth Moore conference.  Hoping it will be a great time.


What else is new?  
Lyle starts preschool in September.  I think he is going to love it!  I can't wait to see him learning and growing.  

1 comment:

  1. I love reading your blog. Probably because I love the material you have to work with! :-) I need to be better about it. You will have some great memories to look back on!

    ReplyDelete