"So I commend the enjoyment of life, because nothing is better for a man under the sun than to eat and drink and be glad. Then joy will accompany him in his work all the days of the life God has given him under the sun." Ecclesiastes 8:15

Friday, August 21, 2015

A Day in the Life

I love getting a peek into a normal day in someone else's life!  Each stage of life brings different schedules, projects, and routines.  I think I will enjoy being able to look back at this time, and see what our "normal" was.  Also....this day I documented was two or three weeks ago.  That shows you how on top of it I am, just getting it posted now! :)

This was a Friday, so a work day for me.  Due to my job as a nurse, there are certain details about who I see or what I see them for that will have to be left out or remain vague.


6:20-I finally make myself get out of bed.  I have been hitting the snooze for waayy too long.  That means the hair is going up in a pony tail today!  I get ready in the bathroom while the rest of the house is still sleeping.


6:45- I go and get this sweet girl up and dressed for the day.  Sometimes she wakes up earlier, then plays while I get ready.  After she is dressed we sit in the rocker while she nurses and I read my devotions.  I pump after she is done eating to get a bit extra to send to daycare with her.


7:00-Lyle wakes up and comes in with Aria and I.  This is NOT typical.  I literally lift him out of bed each morning and carry him to the bathroom to get him up and awake.  Once I am finished pumping, we go to the kids' bathroom so Lyle can go potty, take his allergy medicine, and brush his teeth.  Then Lyle picks his clothes and we read a quick book at his request.


7:20-Downstairs to find shoes, pack milk for Aria, and breakfast and lunch for me.

7:30-7:40-  Everyone is out the door to their respective places.  Zach drops the kids off at daycare since I have a longer drive to work.


8:00-Time to work!  The first hour is usually checking email, looking at the schedule for the day, and making a to do list.  And of course a cup of coffee helps.  Today I ate breakfast in the car, but most of the time I bring oatmeal or something and eat it at my desk.


8:30-First appointment of the morning and a bit of charting afterward.


9:30-Time to pump!  I like having something to read to make the time go faster..right now I am reading this...



9:50- A few appointments in the schedule got moved around, so it's time to work on a course.  And have a snack.  Have you heard of Graze?  It is a subscription box with snacks!  I got a free sample and was really tempted to keep my subscription, but saving money won in the end.  The snacks were all really good though.  The boxes I signed up for were 8 snacks every two weeks.  If you want to try it, use the code KIMB93Z9B and you can get a sample box for free and your 5th regular box free. 

11:15-  Immunization appointments for the rest of the morning.  Poor babies.


12-Time for lunch (while I'm pumping), then I typically go to the park for a little fresh air.  I usually read, but today I watched a little Gilmore Girls on Netflix.


1-Back to work.  We have a mix of appointments this afternoon.  Some shots, a TB test to read, and a few family planning clients to check in with.  In between clients I work on updating our OB/GYN referral list.

4:15- TGIF!  The weekend is here!  I get to leave a few minutes early today, because I ended up with extra time on Wednesday for meetings. I tried going to our church community garden to pick zucchini to make bread this weekend, but I only found one tiny one!  I headed home to water the plants before the rest of the family made it home.


5:10- Everyone is home!  We play for awhile and I feed Aria.  I start supper and Lyle watches Spiderman on Netflix with Zach.


6:30-  Aria is ready for bed early, so I put her down and get supper out of the oven.  I made pizza twists which were a new recipe.  They were good, but a bit spicy, so Lyle had waffles.  And he dipped them in the ranch that was already on his plate.  GROSS.

7-Time to relax.  Lyle plays with his toys and watches a couple shows on his iPad.  Zach and I have started watching Psych, so we watch a few episodes of that.  I might have fallen asleep on the couch.  MIGHT.

9-Upstairs to put Lyle to bed.  He brushes his teeth, I put lavender in the diffuser, and we read a couple books.  His favorites right now are The Big Book of Blaze and Polar Bear's Underwear.


9:30-Aria wakes up and is ready to eat again.  I feed her, then head to bed myself.  Not sure why I am so tired from the week.  Zach stays downstairs to watch another show before he heads to bed.

Just another day in the Bauer house. One of my favorite places to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment