"So I commend the enjoyment of life, because nothing is better for a man under the sun than to eat and drink and be glad. Then joy will accompany him in his work all the days of the life God has given him under the sun." Ecclesiastes 8:15

Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Life with Lyle

I am trying to get in the habit of writing down conversations I have with Lyle.  Often they make me laugh, other times I am amazed at how sweet and caring and SMART he is!  And silly, so absolutely silly!  Aria gets her monthly updates, but today, I thought I'd give you a little glimpse at how AWESOME life with Lyle is!  



"How was your day at work, Mom?"
     Lyle often asks this with complete seriousness when I get home.  It is the sweetest thing.

You are awesome at puzzles.  You can do small jigsaw by yourself in no time at all. But you love it even more if someone will do it with you.  
 

"Oh, that makes sense." 
     After asking how something works.  


Zach and I like to binge watch shows on DVD or Netflix. Lyle doesn't watch them with us, but he is aware of the show's names and does little things like dance to the theme song to Psych (like will stop what he's doing and come in the living room to dance), sing a song Zach made up to Bones, and ask "Is that Michael Weston?" while we were watching Burn Notice.  A while ago we were watching a show called "Bar Rescue."  One day he said he wanted to watch Bar Rescue, when it started he was really confused, and asked me, "Where are the planes?"  Turns out he was actually saying that he wanted to watch "Planes: Fire and Rescue."  We had a good laugh, and then were glad because Planes is much more age-appropriate for a three-year old! 



Everything is make-believe right now.  In the picture above you were playing Santa Claus.  You were sitting on the sleigh, saying "giddy-up!" to the reindeer, stopping at people's houses (including Auntie Koko, The Avengers, and Umizoomi's house-which is beside a monastery apparently), going down the chimney and leaving specific presents under their tree.

Who is your best friend at Paula's?
 "Trenton.  He tells me, "Lyle, I need your help."
     He is always so sweet and quick to help!


When he saw an American Flag flying:
"Look!  It's Captain America's flag!"


Lyle: Mom, I think we need to get you some medicine.
Me: Why?
Lyle:  So you can run faster, and keep up with me.

You were playing "vet" upstairs and came down patting his head saying, "This is a nice dinosaur."

He loves loves to sing songs and nursery rhymes.  He thinks it is even funnier if you exchange the last word in the line for "toot."  This apparently is the funniest word in all the land.  I guess that is what is in store for me as the mom of a boy.  I try to limit these jokes to only at home.  If he forgets, he will usually try to cover by saying, "Mom, I wasn't talking to you.  I was talking to the fan."  Nice try buddy!  

Helping Dad look for something. 

[I had asked Lyle to wait to talk until Grammy had finished her story.]
Lyle: MOM. (Dramatic pause) Listen.
Me: (laughing) To what??
Lyle: To the people's questions.


[Bringing me a tower built of LEGOS]
Lyle: Here you go Mom!
Me: Oh, thank you! Is it a tower?
Lyle: No, it's ice-cream poo-poo
Me: Oh my! I'm not sure I want that!
Lyle: Don't worry!  It's just pretend!


Lyle: Mom, Sparky (his big stuffed cow) was eating his sandwich and hurt his leg.  So that's why he is laying in my bed resting.


Lyle:  I will do you a favor if you do me a favor.....

Lyle:  Mom, that is ridiculous. 

Lyle, you are my most favorite boy.  Life is such a joy with you around!  

1 comment:

  1. I will agree with your assessment of our boy Lyle...he is most surely a joy to be around!

    ReplyDelete