"So I commend the enjoyment of life, because nothing is better for a man under the sun than to eat and drink and be glad. Then joy will accompany him in his work all the days of the life God has given him under the sun." Ecclesiastes 8:15

Monday, August 17, 2015

Small Town Life

Happy Happy Monday!  Even though it's Monday, I'm hopeful for a somewhat normal week.  Normal would be welcome after the crazy past couple of weeks.  I am sure I just jinxed myself saying that.


Two weeks ago was our county fair, which marks a busy time in our little lives.  With responsibilities spread between work, our church preschool, Zach's seed business, and managing the photography entries, we spend several nights at the fair from five when we get off work until 10 or so at night.  Add 105 degree temperatures we were pooped little puppies!

Health Department Booth...Changing/Breastfeeding Station


Wednesday night we bounced kids around while Zach managed the photography department, and I finished setting up our Health Department booth, and our Preschool booth.  We did a little something different this year for the Health Department and set up a changing station and breastfeeding area.  I for one was grateful to have a cool corner to sit down and feed Aria, and to not have to change her on the ground.  I think it was a success!


He was so excited about every ride! 

Aria was hot and less than impressed.

Between working, we of course found time to enjoy fair food and the carnival!  I was impressed and proud at how brave Lyle was with the rides.  He was fearless on the top of the ferris wheel, and even loved the spinning cups!  Looks like he will be my buddy at the amusement parks!

Top of the Ferris Wheel!

Sky high view of the carnival

I am a board member for our church preschool, and we held our annual pancake breakfast on Saturday. Complete with homemade pancakes, some of the best sausage, and of course...pie for dessert! :) 



We went home to rest, then headed out to watch the parade!  Lyle loved waving at all the people (especially since he knew several people!), the fire trucks, and the flags at the beginning.  And the candy.  Oh boy did he get a lot of candy!  I love our small town.



We headed to church Sunday morning, then home to catch up on laundry and relax after a crazy week.  We were competing in a "Weekend Warrior" challenge on our fitbits with the family, so Lyle and I went for a walk in the evening over to see Grandma.  I thought we had won because of the crazy amount of steps we did between our fundraiser and the fair.  Little did I know my brother-in-law was doing workouts until 11:59 p.m. so he could beat me!  Crazy guy! I'd say he deserves to win if he's that determined! ;)

1 comment: