"So I commend the enjoyment of life, because nothing is better for a man under the sun than to eat and drink and be glad. Then joy will accompany him in his work all the days of the life God has given him under the sun." Ecclesiastes 8:15

Wednesday, September 30, 2015

What's Up Wednesday 9.30.15

September is over.  It felt like such a weird month to me.  In my mind, September was the beginning of fall...but I seem to have forgotten that I live in Kansas.  With the exception of a few days, September was hot.  I kept trying to wear a scarf and jeans, and dying of heat stroke by lunch!  Needless to say, I am ready for October, and praying we still get a fall instead of jumping right into winter!



What we're eating this week
We have several evening meetings this week, so quick and easy is the plan!
Beirocks from the freezer
French Bread Pizza
Spaghetti


What I'm reminiscing about 
Halloween's past with the little man.




What I'm loving
I love this new bracelet I got!  It is from this cute Etsy shop (which is only open a few times a year).  You pick your leather, charm, and what you want stamped.  I chose "Better Together."  We had that song by Jack Johnson played at our wedding as we walked out together as a married couple.  :)


What we've been up to
There's always something exciting going on at the Bauer household!  Lyle started preschool, I was able to attend a Beth Moore conference (amazing!), we celebrated birthdays, fought allergies, spent time with family, went to a wedding, took Lyle to the dentist, Aria made a trip to the ER, and we started giving flu shots at work.
 

What I'm dreading
Lyle has to have some dental work done this month.  They are going to use anesthesia and get it all done at once.  And while I'm glad they can fix him all up and get him done in one shot, anesthesia makes me a tad nervous in kiddos.  I am starting to pray now.

What I'm working on
Right now I am in planning mode.  Gathering last minute details for a baby shower this weekend.  And helping to plan outreach events for our church including Trunk or Treat and the Angel Tree Christmas project.


What I'm excited about
This gal.  She's too cute!



What I'm watching
You guys.  It is slightly ridiculous how many shows are recording on our DVR right now.  Our favorites are all starting again incuding: Castle, Bones, The Voice, Mindy Project, Modern Family, Big Bang Theory, Grey's Anatomy, and the list goes on...and on.  And it's awesome. :)


What I'm reading
Some random book...I often read my Kindle during my lunch hour, and I hate paying a lot of money for books.  My solution is to go to the Top 100 Free list on Amazon and pick a few that sound good.


What I'm listening to 
"Your Favorite Coffeehouse" station on Spotify.  It's good background music at work.


What I'm wearing
Check out my darling new shoes!  I love them!


What I'm doing this weekend
We will have family in town this weekend, and helping with a baby shower.


What I'm looking forward to next month
My 10-year high school reunion is this month, along with the Trunk or Treat festival at church, and Halloween!  Looks like I need to get started on a few costumes!


What else is new?  
We had a successful start to preschool this month!


What's your favorite Halloween tradition?
Trick or Treating, of course!

No comments:

Post a Comment