"So I commend the enjoyment of life, because nothing is better for a man under the sun than to eat and drink and be glad. Then joy will accompany him in his work all the days of the life God has given him under the sun." Ecclesiastes 8:15

Friday, December 18, 2015

Friday Favorites

It is one week until Christmas people!  Can you believe it??? It seems like blogging lately has only been hitting the big stuff, and it's been forever since I've joined a link-up, so I'm here sharing some of my favorites from the week!

One- The kids Christmas program was at church on Sunday.  I went with Lyle to practice on Saturday and he refused to leave my side.  He wouldn't sit on the stage without me, he wouldn't sit on the front pew without me, nothing.  He also refused to wear the cow ears because he wanted to be a gecko instead.  When we got home I was telling Zach about our morning, and he asked Lyle if he cried.  Lyle said, "I fake cried."  Little stinker!  This picture is during the performance on Sunday morning during church...sitting on the bottom step covering his ears.  I guess we'll call it a success that he's even up there at all????

 
Two- Christmas Spirit.  I love sitting in the living room in the evenings with my family with the christmas lights twinkling in the background!  Lyle asks every night if he can help me wrap presents.  He is my official "hold your finger here while I get a piece of tape!" man!  I like to get new rolls of paper each year, but this year I am just using up my stash.  We take almost all of our presents to grandparent's houses to open, so my one tip is to wrap each family (i.e. Zach's side, my side) in a different color paper.  It is SO much easier to grab the right thing when packing up to go! (Learned that one the hard way!! lol)

This robe is Lyle's favorite thing right now.  He had even put it on in the middle of the night one night!
 Three-Lyle's preschool decorated gingerbread houses and had their Christmas party this week!  Grammy rescued him and went to help since I didn't have any extra time to take off of work. 



Four- This week we hosted the night at church where families picked up their gifts for the angel tree.  In our community families in need fill out requests for their children, and other families sponsor them and buy gifts and clothes!  This night is so rewarding to see all of the families so excited and grateful for their presents.  This project takes a lot of time and coordination, but it is so worth it!

Five-I took little miss to her one-year check up, and then back to work with me so we could get her one-year shots taken care of.  Hopefully all the attention and play time with the girls makes up for getting poked by mommy!  Also...today was jammies day at daycare.  Lyle elected to wear his skeleton jams, and of course I put Aria in her Christmas ones.  Can we all have jammies day please???


 
Happy Happy Friday!  We are headed to my parents to have Christmas tomorrow.  I can't wait for all the fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment