"So I commend the enjoyment of life, because nothing is better for a man under the sun than to eat and drink and be glad. Then joy will accompany him in his work all the days of the life God has given him under the sun." Ecclesiastes 8:15

Thursday, December 17, 2015

Winter ONEderland Party

We had such a fun time celebrating Aria's birthday on Saturday with our family! 

While I was searching Pinterest for birthday ideas, I came across the theme of a Winter ONEderland party.  I thought it was perfect!  I combined a few invitation ideas I found, and made these to send to our guests. 

 

December birthday are great, because with my Christmas decorations up I felt like I was already half-done decorating!  I hung a few big ornaments and snowflakes in the window, and created "fake snow" with a white sheet and snowmen and snowflakes for the table.

 

 

Lyle had been asking to help make her cake for weeks, so he was pretty excited I let him decorate it all!


"Snow-covered" pretzels, and party blowers.  We also served Chilllli, baked potatoes with toppings, chips, carrots (snowmen noses), and cutie oranges.

 
A photo wall of instagram prints.
 
Snowflakes-Hobby Lobby, Pictures-printed at Walgreens

My sweet family and the birthday girl!


She has learned the art of blowing kisses!


Bow. Leggings-Jmac (local shop). Shirt and tutu-homeade

Brother hugs!

 

Sharing secrets with Grandaddy.


Telling cousin Kaia how great it is to be one!


Spending a sweet moment with Great Grandma.

 

 She was excited about that cake!

 
Lyle sang a round of Happy Birthday to her all by himself.  Look at that smile she gives him...then watch her eye-ing her cake and signing "please" about halfway through!
 

Time to dig in!
 
 

 

 
We ended the night opening gifts and taking turns sliding down her new slide!  We were so thankful for our family that could be there, taking time to spend with us during such a crazy month.  And we are especially thankful for this little girl who makes us smile!
 

1 comment:

  1. Be still my heart...what a Onederful evening!
    Love & Kisses,
    Grammy

    ReplyDelete