"So I commend the enjoyment of life, because nothing is better for a man under the sun than to eat and drink and be glad. Then joy will accompany him in his work all the days of the life God has given him under the sun." Ecclesiastes 8:15

Tuesday, October 8, 2013

The "Flower Park"

 
After being consumed by our "sick week" I forgot to post pictures from our outing to Botanica with my sister and her kids!  We had gotten free tickets from Smithsonian's Museum Day Live!  It rained the morning of, but by the time Lyle and I got up to Wichita it was beautiful!  And it felt wonderful to wear a sweatshirt! :)  My sister was explaining to my niece where we were going and she described it as the "flower park."  It's a perfect explanation!  Flowers for the momma's, park for the kiddos! 

Loving the water!
 
 
We also convinced ourselves to get family passes for the year (they were buy one get one free!) so now we can meet up anytime!  For us I think a pass will be really nice...sometimes we are up in Wichita for the day running errands, and really need somewhere to let Lyle run around!  And when you have a membership, it's nice to just go for 30 minutes to an hour and not feel guilty for not staying long enough to get your money's worth. 

We are only getting slightly better at group pictures.

Red Riding Hood

Princess Lyle
 
I was impressed with the flowers, and the butterfly house was fiiiilllled with butterflies.  The kids loved them!  Lyle kept walking around with his hands up trying to catch them!

 

 

3 comments:

  1. Like all your posts with lots of Lyle pictures...Love this! I do like your non-Lyle posts as well, so keep it coming girl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I've found that having a blog has made me remember to take pictures more, so if anything I'm glad for that! :) I just need to figure out now how to take BETTER pictures!

      Delete
  2. We had such a fun time at the flower park with you!! Can't wait to go again! :) At least Eric smiled for the group picture!

    ReplyDelete