"So I commend the enjoyment of life, because nothing is better for a man under the sun than to eat and drink and be glad. Then joy will accompany him in his work all the days of the life God has given him under the sun." Ecclesiastes 8:15

Sunday, August 24, 2014

24 Weeks

How Many Weeks: 24

Size of Baby: An ear of corn

Weight Gain: Up one pound this week, so 10 pounds total. Glad I didn't continue the trend of three pounds every week! :) This week when Lyle pulled up my shirt to see my tummy and talk to baby sister, he giggles and says, "She's getting big!!!" Ha, true story bud!

Gender: Girl! Zulily.com is such a dangerous place when you are having a girl! 

Movement: Lots of moving, especially in the evening and when I get a break to sit down at my desk at work. Her kicks are getting stronger!

Sleep: Not very good this week. I don't think there was any good reason why, but I was sure glad for coffee in the morning! 

Symptoms: That annoying pain I had last pregnancy about mid-way down on my ribs and back...but only on my right side is back! I thought it was some weird thing last time, and went to the chiropractor, but it went away as soon as I had Lyle so I guess it's something I deal with in the mean time. Otherwise the same abdominal achiness, heartburn, and back pain. And being HOT all the time. 

Maternity Clothes: Yes, looking forward to cooler temperatures to expand my wardrobe a bit.

Cravings: Evenings I alternated between a Snickers Ice Cream Bar or a bowl of Strawberry Cheesecake Ice Cream. Yum. 

Best Moment This Week: Last night I got to spend time with my good friend CJ.  It was so great time to catch up, and she didn't mind at all when Lyle spent the whole time jumping from couch to couch and throwing pillows and blankets like it was his job.  We even walked to Sonic to get shakes.  Time with friends makes me heart happy.  And I don't do it near often enough!

Looking Forward To: Hopefully time to do a little shopping. We are looking for a new bed for Lyle's room so we can move the crib over to the baby's room. Hoping to hit some Labor Day sales!  We also have a sonogram on Tuesday...hoping for a great report! 

No comments:

Post a Comment