"So I commend the enjoyment of life, because nothing is better for a man under the sun than to eat and drink and be glad. Then joy will accompany him in his work all the days of the life God has given him under the sun." Ecclesiastes 8:15

Friday, August 29, 2014

Oh Hey Friday!

It's been a long time since I've done a Friday favorites post...it seems like everything has been all baby lately!  So here is my cheers to it being Friday, and my five randoms for you!

One  We are heading out after work to go to Kansas City for the weekend.  We haven't been up there since we helped my sister-in-law move in February...and that was not the most relaxing of trips (plus we didn't have Lyle, so it's been a loooong time since he's been up there!)  We don't have any definite plans (other than maybe a little garage sale-ing) but we are oh so excited to take advantage of the three day weekend and spend time with some of our favorite people!

Two We just bought this bed for Lyle.  It was so hard to decide...toddler bed...bunk beds....queen bed.  What will give us the most value for the longest period of time?  We picked this full bed with a trundle.  Guests can still use it if we need, but Lyle can have sleepovers too!  Now we can move the crib over to the new nursery.
Source

Three  I've been spending my birthday money (always a fun task!), and here are some of my goodies!

1.  Maternity skinny jeans from Motherhood Maternity
2.  New boots from Urbanog
3.  A new wallet from theruffledstitch on etsy


Four Mix and Match Mama.  I just love this gal and her blog (both about family and her recipes!)  I've made several of her recipes lately, and they have all been "good enough to make again," which is the stamp of approval in our house.  I love that they are simple, fast, and use normal ingredients that you either already have in your pantry, or you would use more than once.  A couple of our favorites: Nachos, Hawaiian Chicken, and Banana Cupcakes with Peanut Butter Cream Cheese Frosting.

Five The preschool that we put a lot of hard work and love into at church is starting fall classes on Tuesday.  It's fun to see the kids anxious to start back, and we are excited for the preschool to continue to grow!

And one last video for good measure.  Here is Lyle doing his "Turtle Call" at the fair a couple weeks ago.  I have no idea where he came up with it, but we were dying. 



1 comment:

  1. I love Lyle's big boy bed. It is really the best choice. Way to go you guys? Maybe I'll have a slumber party with Lyle someday soon :-) Ha!

    ReplyDelete