"So I commend the enjoyment of life, because nothing is better for a man under the sun than to eat and drink and be glad. Then joy will accompany him in his work all the days of the life God has given him under the sun." Ecclesiastes 8:15

Friday, February 5, 2016

Five on Friday

Happy Happy Friday!  We are booked full this weekend, but I'm hoping we all get a little rest too!  Here are my happy five for this Friday!  Enjoy!

1.  I just finished reading the book, "For The Love" by Jen Hatmaker.  I really liked it, especially the first several chapters.  The tag line on the book is "Fighting for Grace in a World of Impossible Standards."  It was a refreshing read giving room to grant grace to yourself in this crazy world, along with others.


Amazon

2.  We have been watching Fixer Upper on HGTV and I am obsessed!  Her vision on how to renovate a house amaze me, and I have been obsessively pinning all things "fixer upper" and "farmhouse style" onto my Pinterest Boards! 

Fixer Upper on HGTV
Fixer Upper

3.  While on Pinterest, Superbowl snacks have been calling my name.  I am planning to make these bacon wrapped smokies (we made them for Lyle's birthday party one year and they are so good!)
Now I am deciding between pretzel wrapped dogs (they look so so good, but not sure I have enough time to make them), jalapeno popper pizza (would it still be good if you don't eat it right away?), and soft batch m&m cookies.  Oh choices choices.  Can we just eat this kind of food alllll the time???

Recipe

4.  My parents came down to go to Pancake Day (a day long event our church puts on serving pancakes, sausage, and homeade pie) and to watch our kids while we served.  We were able to throw a little Happy Birthday party for my Dad.  It was a fun little get-together, and I loved walking past the room Lyle and his cousin were playing in and hearing them talk about whether they loved geckos or dinosaurs better! 
Aria showing off her high-five skills

5.  We have been plotting out our Valentine's treat for next week.  Lyle picked dinosaurs (he has been on a HUGE dinosaur kick lately....he has his birthday party all planned out!).  And I found these cute ones to use for Aria.  If you click on the link below the picture, this mom has a ton of cute ideas!

Valentine's Printables

No comments:

Post a Comment