"So I commend the enjoyment of life, because nothing is better for a man under the sun than to eat and drink and be glad. Then joy will accompany him in his work all the days of the life God has given him under the sun." Ecclesiastes 8:15

Wednesday, February 24, 2016

What's Up Wednesday 2.24.16

Happy Wednesday!!!  Here is What's Up in the Bauer household!
 

What we're eating this week: On our menu is taco pie, pizza bread, and crockpot potatoes and ham.  Then lots of good food out this weekend in Kansas City!

What I'm reminiscing about.... Having my sweet babies at work with me when they were little.  I miss baby snuggles all through the day!  (I also miss the days when Aria would keep a bow in her hair! lol)





What I'm loving: We've had some crazy warm weather lately, so we've been playing outside as much as possible!  I'm sure spring is not here to stay, but we am getting fresh air while we can! 


We also had a fun night on Saturday at a party for friends who are moving.  She actually was my first college roomate, and we both ended up in Harper of all places!  The picture below is of our girls who are only a month apart and look like they could be twins!  It was such a great get together (with authentic Mexican food brought in-yum!) and the weather was perfect.  It left us itching to plan something similar soon!   




What we've been up to:  We had our annual soup fundraiser meal for the preschool, so I was busy making pies and soup this weekend.  The students sang a few songs during the service and it was the cutest thing ever.  Lyle was up there singing proudly with his class and I was so proud of him!  We could barely get him to stand on the stage during the Christmas program for church, so this was a huge improvement!  I am so thankful for our preschool!

 

What I'm dreading.... packing for this weekend.  Why does it take so long???

What I'm working on.... I'm going to try to implement the 1-touch rule at our house. (I found it on Pinterest, go figure! :) )  For example: You bring your coat in and throw it on the table, then move it to the chair to set the table for supper, then finally hang it on the rack when you need to sit down (took 3 touches to get it to it's place).  Instead you put it on the rack where it goes in the first place (only 1 touch).  I am so guilty of just putting things down, and the house gets cluttered soooo fast!  The other rule I heard that goes along the same lines, is if it takes less than 5 minutes...do it now (put the dishes in the dishwasher, the kid's clothes in their drawers, etc.)  Here's to hoping it helps!

What I'm excited about.... We will make our final payment this month, then we are all booked for our vacation to Cancun in September!  We have a cousin getting married down there and we cannot wait to go celebrate with everyone!  It's a long ways off but I love having a trip to look forward to!


What I'm watching/reading...

Watching: A few things on our DVR: Castle, Top Chef, Scorpion, The Bachelor, Big Bang Theory, New Girl, Agent Carter, Pretty Little Liars, and a million Zach shows ;)

Reading:  First, I feel like I should tell you about the reading challenge I am doing, in case some of my book choices seem odd.  I tend to read the same type of books all the time, and so when Kodi sent a list of 50 different categories of books to read I was all in!  We have shared our list on google docs so we can look at the books everyone read and see what they liked.  Here is the list (and link) for this year if you are interested! 

 
So right now I am reading Jane Eyre(I've never read it before, and meets the category at least 100 years older than me) and listening to The Elite by Kiera Cass (romance set in the future or dystopian novel-second in the series). 
 
What I'm listening to... Well I've been listening to my book when I'm in the car most of the time, but I love listening to the Bobby Bones Show on Iheartradio in the mornings while I am getting ready.  Their morning show is on the radio station, but you can listened to archived shows on the app.  I love it because there are no commercials (even if I'm a day behind).  I'm always laughing and that makes for a good start to the morning!

What I'm wearing... My converse and my military jacket are probably the most worn items in my closet right now.  They are great transition pieces! 

I also just got this new shirt.  I love that it is long enough to wear with leggings, but also looks cute tucked in with jeans.  I got the burgandy color.

link

What I'm doing this weekend...  We are headed to Kansas City for the weekend!  My sis-in-law is having a real birthday (she's a leap year baby), so we are going to celebrate!  We have plans to go to the T-Rex cafe (when I told Lyle he screamed and gave me a huge hug! lol), go swimming, and just hang out and have fun!  The last time we went, Lyle was about the same age as Aria.  Look how little he was!!



What I'm looking forward to next month... Family visisting!  Woo-hoo!

What else is new.... We have a climbing master on our hands.  And a bit of a drama queen.  Heaven help us.


Life is good and we are blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment