"So I commend the enjoyment of life, because nothing is better for a man under the sun than to eat and drink and be glad. Then joy will accompany him in his work all the days of the life God has given him under the sun." Ecclesiastes 8:15

Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Weekend Recap: Valentine's Edition

We had such a fun week and weekend celebrating Valentine's Day!  I am so grateful that I have these people to love!!!
 
The kid's had their Valentine's party at daycare on Wednesday and got to wear their jammies.
 
 
 Lyle is OBSESSED with dinosaurs right now, so when I found these on Pinterest I knew they would be perfect.  He giggled when I read them to him.  I printed the cards off, and ordered a box of these mini dinosaurs on Amazon, and just taped them on.  Lyle also got to have his preschool party on Thursday, and took these for all of his classmates too.
 
 
 Aria would eat 5 of these applesauce pouches if you let her in one sitting, so I thought these were so cute for her!
 
 
Zach got this sign for me from Magnolia Market (we both noticed it on an episode of Fixer Upper).  It is cut out metal and we hung it up in our bedroom.  I absolutely love it!!!!
 
 
Friday night we headed out to Zach's parent's house to celebrate Papa's birthday.
 
 
Always willing to help blow out some birthday candles.
 
 
Aria is quite proud that she can climb the steps to her slide and go down all by herself! 
 
 
After reading one of my devotions this last week, I tried really hard to be present with my kids this weekend instead of trying to get everything done.  We had some great time playing, and even got to go to lunch and play with Grandaddy for a bit!
 
 
My little loves ready for church.
 
 
 
Our local bowling alley just reopened, so we joined some friends on Sunday night for a game of bowling and burgers.  It was so much fun!  Other than being paranoid little fingers were going to get smashed in the ball rack...anyone else terrified of that??  It was all Aria wanted to do!! So she ended up being held most of the night. (Not her favorite thing...)
 
 
 
 
She would clap everytime for us!!
 
 
Morning bible reading and prayer with my little man.
 
 
Zach and I headed to Wichita on Monday to celebrate Valentine's Day (I had the day off for President's Day).  It was such a fun day to spend together.  We saw a movie, got pedicures, hit up Target, and went to Sumo: my favorite Hibachi grill for supper.  (By the way...hibachi is much more fun with a table full of your family instead of strangers! lol  But the food was sooo worth the akwardness!)
 
 
Aria got to go to the zoo on a field trip with daycare on Monday.  Poor Lyle had a pretty croupy cough so he headed out to Grammy's instead.
 
 
Apparantely Aria thought the animals were hilarious and would wave and laugh everytime they came by!
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment