"So I commend the enjoyment of life, because nothing is better for a man under the sun than to eat and drink and be glad. Then joy will accompany him in his work all the days of the life God has given him under the sun." Ecclesiastes 8:15

Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Show and Tell Tuesday: Pinterest Favorites

It's Show and Tell Tuesday and I am on time people.  Let's throw a party shall we??  I'm sure we can find lost of inspiration on Pinterest!  HAH! 
 
http://www.momfessionals.com/2016/02/show-and-tell-tuesday-pinterest-party.html


I love Pinterest.  Where else can you find a recipe for the potluck this weekend, a list of 100 things to keep your toddler busy, and complete inspiration for planning a birthday party all in one place??  Even though I love doing crafts, baking, etc. I have never been good at coming up with ideas on my own.  But give me pictures or directions and I am golden! 

Of course not all projects turn out like their inspiration..... (just search "nailed it" on Pinterest and you will die laughing!)


I am always pinning recipes, and lately I got smart and seperated them into different boards so I can actually find what I'm looking for!  Honestly I tend to make a lot more of the snacks/desserts recipes I pin, but here are a few of the successful ones I've found!

Ranch chicken (Recipe) (This is a pretty basic recipe, but always a good one!  We don't usually have corn flakes at home so I substitute whatever cereal/crackers we have.  Crispex is surprisingly good!)



Bacon wrapped smokies-such a good party food! (Recipe)


Dessert: Crunchy Peanut Butter Party Mix (Recipe)
Hot Cocoa Cookies (Recipe)
Cinnamon Bun Popcorn (Recipe)

Pinterest has taught me great travel tricks...did you know that baby powder is great at removing sand from your skin when you are at the beach??  Or there are countless posts on tips for traveling with kids.

If only I had the time to make all of the crafts I have pinned!  There are so many cute kid's clothes, gifts, and decorations! 

A few of the crafts I tried that turned out well: burp rags(Pin) and these Coasters (Pin)

Wouldn't this be so fun to make and bring out each year for the kids!?
Felt Christmas Tree (Pin)

I also love to turn to Pinterest for inspiration when planning parties!  We had a rainbow themed birthday party for Lyle's first birthday, complete with a rainbow cake using this decorating method:


He was a lumberjack for birthday number 2 (inspiration),


and a construction worker for birthday number 3 (inspiration).


 I am already pinning away for a dinosaur birthday in the near future.  We went with a Winter ONEderland theme for Miss Aria's first (Pinterest Board).

And I can thank Pinterest for connecting me to someone who had already thought up how to make a Music Robot costume. (link to original costume


Now if only we would actually try 10% of the things we pinned we would be the most well dressed, craftiest, professional chefs in the world! 

Anyone have any tried and true Pinterest finds??? Or head over to the link up to read everyone else's favorites!

1 comment:

  1. Isn't pinterest the best for birthday parties!!! I heard that baby powder trick before!!
    Stopping by from the link up!

    <3 Sarita it's my girls' world

    ReplyDelete