"So I commend the enjoyment of life, because nothing is better for a man under the sun than to eat and drink and be glad. Then joy will accompany him in his work all the days of the life God has given him under the sun." Ecclesiastes 8:15

Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Show and Tell Tuesday: About Me and Resolutions


Show and Tell Tuesday.  Yes, I realize that I am an entire month late!  In all honestly I'm not sure I will ever be on time with these topics, but my goal is to get through them in a year.  It should be fun to have a few different things to talk about! 

Today's topic is: tell us a little about yourself, including any resolutions you have made.

So a little about me.  Which I'm sure won't be news to my lovely readers (i.e. my family!)

I am Kim....

I am second to youngest out of five children.


I grew up in a small town in Kansas (moving there from Texas when I was four).  I went to our local high school, and was involved in a lot of music: band (I played clarinet through my sophomore year), choir, musicals, and our school's elite Singers group.  Some of my best memories were from Singers-Variety Shows, madrigal dinners, singing valentines, and a singing competition/skiing trip to Brekenridge.  I also ran cross-country my senior year.  High School was a fun time and I loved being in a small town and was able to be involved in a lot of things.  I also loved being a part of our church and youth group.


After high school I went to Hesston College (in the same town I was from).  It is a small two-year Mennonite college, and I graduated after two awesome, HARD years with my RN degree.  I made some of my best friends there and it was such a amazing time.


I lived in Wichita for two years and worked at a big hospital before getting married and moving to my husband's hometown. 

On one of our first dates


I am a wife to Zach.  We have been married for 6 awesome years.  He works in town at a local business that makes various farm equipment, bale beds, mowers, etc.  He does IT for them and works in the service department.  He also recently started a seed business and they sell guns out of their store. 


I am a mom to Lyle who is three years old (a sweet, silly, and smart little boy!)


and Mom to Aria who is one year old (a busy, ornery, and fun-loving little girl!)

We live in a small town in Kansas (population about 1,500)

I now work at the local health department.  I love taking care of people, and have loved the relationships I have formed with the families we serve.  I give a lot of shots, educate about nutrition, breastfeeding, and healthy pregnancies, do disease investigations, and address anything else that walks through the door. 

Here are my 2016 Goals

-Make labels for the quilts I have made.  I have had so much fun making quilts for my neices, nephew, and kids.  I never labeled any of them, so I'd like to work something up to put on each one (who it was for, who made it, when, etc.)

-Finish Aria's quilt.  Poor Aria is already a year old and I haven't finished her quilt yet.  I have about three blocks done...that's better than nothing, right???

-Meal Plan and stick to our grocery budget.  Meal planning helps our family eat so much healthier and cheaper!

-Fill out 365 question book with Lyle.  I received this book last year for Christmas, and it is such a fun idea!  Each day has a question to ask your child, and there are spots for three years, so you can see how their answers change!  He was a bit young for it last year, but I'm hoping to work it into our bedtime routine.

-Make project list for our house and cross something off every month.  Like put up actual blinds in our master bathroom instead of a paint drop cloth pinned up.  (I do not even notice it, but it is ridiculous we haven't fixed it before now.)

-Finish thank-you note kit.  The idea is to write a thank-you note every week to someone in your life.  I don't count sending thank-you notes for gifts/birthdays, but try to think of other people who I would like to thank.  I sent some this last year, but would like to get the rest of them sent.  It's amazing what a small card and thank you can do to brighten someone's day!

-Use everydollar budget.  This is a great app I have found for budgeting and it has helped a ton so far!  I'm hoping to stay consistent with it this year.

-Hit 8,000 steps consistently and be able to increase my daily goal.  I am not at a point in my life at the moment where I have the energy or desire to commit to a workout program.  I wear a fitbit so I'm going to make hitting my steps my goal throughout the day (maybe taking a short 10 minute walk at work a time or two a day).


No comments:

Post a Comment