"So I commend the enjoyment of life, because nothing is better for a man under the sun than to eat and drink and be glad. Then joy will accompany him in his work all the days of the life God has given him under the sun." Ecclesiastes 8:15

Sunday, August 4, 2013

Golden Birthday

I love birthdays.  Not just my own, but everyone's birthdays.  They were such a happy celebration in my home growing up, and they just make me excited!  I love thinking of little things to make sure that person feels special on their day.  Surprise donuts in the morning, favorite foods for supper, perfect birthday cards, and favorite activities.  For my husband this means going to see as many movies as we can fit in one day.  My family did a great job helping me celebrate my 26th birthday last week, and made sure it was special.

We started off the celebrations on the Sunday before my birthday, grilling burgers with Zach's side of the family (even Kodi was down to celebrate!)  We threw in a fun pool party in the middle of the week with friends, then got ready to celebrate with my family on Friday.


My parents brought supper down (thanks Mom for cooking!) and also brought my Great Aunt Sara who was visiting for the weekend.  She lives in Texas, and we used to see her quite a bit when we lived down there.  We figured up the last time I saw her was about 10 years ago at a Grier Reunion.  What a special birthday treat to be able to reconnect, and introduce her to Zach and Lyle!  Lyle was being quite a tease, loving all the attention, and showing off his mad corn-on-the-cob eating skills!




Saturday morning, I spent outside playing with Lyle.  The weather was beautiful, and it was great to just let him run and play!  Zach and I got ready, sent Lyle to play (and spend the night) at Annie's and headed up to Wichita.  It was a perfect day filled with activities that aren't so easy with a toddler in tow.  We got pretzel dogs at Sonic, pedicures, went shopping (to spend my Hobby Lobby gift certificate, woo!), dinner at Chaio!, a movie, and finally ice cream.  Perfect.  And Annie's gift of keeping Lyle overnight was much appreciated in the morning when I slept in!


It was a perfect combination of my favorite people, food, and activities.  And some amazing gifts ranging from a handgun and boots to a new sewing table.  (I like to think I have a wide variety of interests :)  ) Thanks for all the birthday love.  I can't wait to see what this next year brings!

No comments:

Post a Comment