"So I commend the enjoyment of life, because nothing is better for a man under the sun than to eat and drink and be glad. Then joy will accompany him in his work all the days of the life God has given him under the sun." Ecclesiastes 8:15

Wednesday, August 21, 2013

"See You Later"

On Saturday we buried my Grandad.  My last living biological grandparent.  It was a day of many mixed emotions.  Sadness that we won't have any more visits or walks in the garden.  Relief that he is finally himself again.  Joy that he is in heaven with my Granny.  Tiredness from the toll all of these emotions take from you.  

It was a very nice service, my Dad gave a great eulogy with my Grandad's life story, and the pastor gave a great message about his work ethic, and love for his family and God.  I held it together until walking past the casket one last time, and during the military gun salute and taps.  That gets me every time.  

Our family often reflects at funerals, that for Christian's, death is not "Goodbye" but "See You Later."  What an amazing comfort and promise to know that our loved ones are now rejoicing with Jesus in Heaven and that we will be reunited with them one day.  And that they will no longer be sick, confused with Alzheimer's, or sad.  So, "See you later" Grandad!  We love you!


3 comments:

  1. Oh Kim, I didn't realiaze he had passed already. I will certainly be praying for you guys. How great is it that your Grandad has a new body and mind?!?! Love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. While it still pretty much sucks to have to say goodbye like that, it's so great to know that your loved ones are Christians and that it is "See ya later." I'm glad your family was able to be together to cry, laugh and reminisce. We love you Kimmy!

    ReplyDelete