"So I commend the enjoyment of life, because nothing is better for a man under the sun than to eat and drink and be glad. Then joy will accompany him in his work all the days of the life God has given him under the sun." Ecclesiastes 8:15

Friday, August 30, 2013

Five on Friday...the Rough Version

 

I love doing Five on Friday posts, and maybe I should be focusing on the good and blessings this week.  But sometimes I feel that I (and most bloggers) post only the good things (the pictures where we are all put together, the projects we accomplished, the fun activities) and not the parts where we struggle.  That's where I am today, so here is my "not so happy/rough version" of Five on Friday.
 
1.  Tomorrow I am going to the funeral of one of my good friends from church during high school.  After being diagnosed with cancer in high school, and being in and out of remission, he finally lost his battle.  He always handled his cancer with such grace.  Even when it seemed so unfair to have to deal with that at such a young age.  I honestly can't remember him complaining once.  He just found joy in what surrounded him.  I will never forget a substitute "prom night" with dinner and bowling in dresses and tuxes when he had chemo the week of his own prom, trips to the zoo, eating out after church, movie nights, and youth trips in the summer.  I am so sad to lose a friend so young, but grateful once again that this is a "See You Later" moment.  
 
2.  Lyle has been running a fever the last couple of days, poor guy.  Whenever he has a fever he is just not himself.  I can't tell if it's just from teeth coming in, or something else.  Whatever it is, has meant a lot more tears and a lot less sleep for everyone!
 
3.  I have been trying to get in the habit of doing devotions every morning before I get ready.  I hoped that once I got in this habit, adding some type of exercise to the routine in the morning would happen as well.  This week I completely failed and overslept (by a lot!) every morning.  Oops.  
 
4.  Lyle's favorite new word this week is "no."  While most of the time it really makes me laugh, it also makes it hard to tell if he really doesn't need to go to the bathroom, or if he just likes saying no!
 
5.  My allergies have been driving me crazy this week!  As long as I remember to take my allergy medicine (oops! forgot that this morning too!) I am usually okay, but for the first half of the week I had to wear my glasses because my eyes were too itchy to wear contacts.
 
 
So there is the truth to my week!  I am extremely grateful that this is a long weekend.  I also am counting my blessings that in truth, many people's weeks were much much worse than mine, and that I have a Heavenly Father I can go to at anytime.  And here's to a better week next week!  :)

P.S.  As I went to read today's "She Reads Truth" devotion on a break today, I read Psalm 143.  Verse 8 is my prayer today.

"Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love, for I have put my trust in you.  Show me the way I should go, for to you I entrust my life."


1 comment:

  1. I LOVE your honesty Kim. And I'm so sorry about your week, it sounds so rough! Will be praying that your weekend gets better. Love you!

    ReplyDelete